Anyone know PHP?

7 replies [Last post]

OK, here's the story: the Braid Mods website has been down for ages. The community on the Braid Mods Steam Group has started getting a bit lively and I really want to start up the site again. The original domain is own by one of those people that do nothing with them and sell them for ridiculous prices, so we have 2 choices on how to start it up again:

• Buy the original domain back for $250.
  • Get a new domain for much less, but have to do lots of reconfiguring in the code.

Now the problem is this: the original site creator isn't really into it anymore and hasn't got time to do the reconfiguring, and me and the guy I was talking with don't know PHP.

So if anyone who knows PHP would be willing to help, it'd be greatly appreciated. Anyone up for it?

Why not just ask the creator for the original source? (and yes, a new domain would definitely be cheaper; like I said before, Google Apps = $10!)

I could host it on a new domain - but are they asking $250 for the code/database as well?

@RedTheGreen: We have the original source, but in order for the site files to be hosted on a new domain, the PHP in the source requires modification.

@davidc: The domain is sorted, so don't worry about that. The $250 is only for the old domain, the code and database is all fully available from the original creator.

Basically, all I'm asking is if anyone knows PHP and is willing to modify the required pages.

I could take a whack at it, but I'm still a little confused about what you need. So there are specific controls regarding the domain in the pages?

I know some PHP, but I mostly use it for AJAX scripting.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

I dunno exactly what the situation is. Pretty much I'm looking for someone who can do it ("take a whack at it").

I'll see if I can contact the guy with the source. I'll contact you (RedTheGreen) by email.

Heh, alrighty then.