I'm back

3 replies [Last post]

Hi everyone, I'm back on the site again after major technical difficulties.

My computer has not had a very good two weeks.

The boot disk recently became so corrupted that it could not even load the core drivers, and eventually quit altogether. When we replaced it using a new drive, the old one wouldn't allow it to use the old backups or OS. In the end it was necessary to physically pull it out of the computer and replace it with a new one.

One consequence of this is that most of my Another Planet work that's not on Goofans is gone. That means most of Chapter 3 and some of Chapter 4...all destroyed. I'm going to try to remake it, but don't expect any updates for a while.

Right now I'm trying to see if some of it was backed up, but I know that most of it wasn't.

Anyway, I have a working computer again and can continue working on Island 6 and Another Planet. And once I remake the levels, I will update the addon on the site, don't worry.

- Albino Pokey

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Wait, you left? Tongue (just kidding)

Anyway, good to have you back! I have similar-ish problems with my hard drive. Luckily I have a netbook to connect to Goofans every once in a while.

Yuck, that's not good. The old disk was so corrupted that you couldn't even mount it and dig around? That stinks.
Well, anyway, it's good to have you back. And it's a good reminder to back stuff up, though I'm sorry you lost a bunch of stuff. Did you have anything else really important other than Another Planet on the disk?

Most things were backed up, but my backup software doesn't do Program Files or AppData. So only Another Planet and a WIP sourcemod were lost.

I'm working on restoring the lost AP levels, I should be able to post them in the next 2 weeks (in Pokey Time Smile ).

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.