mc.goofans can be updated!

7 replies [Last post]

OK, the latest bukkit build is here for 1.8.1 and I'm sure everyone wants to murder Endermen or farm giant mushrooms sooo... Lets do this thing! About the creating a new world problem, all unbuilt chunks of our current world should be removed, especially those who stretch too far for nothing.

Check out my SoundCloud, MomoSoundWaves

Um, 1.9 Pre-Release just got "leaked" by Jeb. Notch also stated 1.9 is going to be officially released in a day or two. There's almost no point in hosting the server again if it's only going to be up for a day or two, as bukkit will take some time to make another build for 1.9..

Too late, both of you. mc.goofans.com is already updated. Wink

Already updated. I am planning to delete unused chunks (with some warning) when 1.9 is released, since that will change the terrain generator again. In the meantime, you can go exploring off-map.

When 1.9 comes out, I'll delete all chunks that haven't been built in by using Map Auto Trim. To make sure your chunks aren't deleted, put a torch in them.

In that case, exploring probably isn't such a great idea, as abandoned mine shafts will have torches... I think I found a couple already, sorry. Should be close to the "mom.1.8" warp, dunno if you can delete those manually. I didn't build anything there of value, so you can delete around there if you want.

Yeah I am sure it's going to require some manual tweaking anyway.

Oh, ok. Let me know on IRC when you're working on figuring it out, then, and I'll do my best to help out. Smile