Happy Holidays!

10 replies [Last post]

I love this time of year. Anyway, as part of that contest, I composed a short melody that I named "Ballad of James" for my dad, as I forgot to get him a present. Tongue I think it really represents that feeling you get during Christmastime. Smile

http://soundcloud.com/redthegreen/the-ballad-of-james

Cool! i downloaded it and it sound good. Is james your dad's name?

I got a 3ds (finally!) and i will be busy the next few days. I probably won't even look up. Tongue

-_-

Yes, his name is James. Not to be confused with JamesOfGoo from this site.

Sweet. Friend me.

cool. just email me the code, and I'll email you mine.

-_-

I'll just type it here. Tongue

2492-4126-2289

No one can add you unless you add them too.

mine is: 4940-5810-0444
thanks, red.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
anyone else have a 3ds?

-_-

Meh, my sibling has got one, but that doesn't count. I just got a DS Lite, which for some reason is having problems with my internet connection Tongue

If your internet connection is anything other than WEP/unprotected the DS/DSlite won't work with it. Tongue

I had a lot of issues getting my old DS games to connect to the internet. I eventually switched our connection to WEP, just because everybody nearby already had their own connections.

I've gone to the Nintendo site a billion (i.e. two) times, and we've done all that.

I think that the main problem is that we don't have a connection from a well-known company like Telecom or Vodafone. Due to us being in the country we're in, my dad got it from another company I've never heard of before, which is OK, but the router doesn't have an antenna, or a plug for it. Therefore, we've decided to just make it unsecured. This is no problem, since we have unlimited bandwidth, so it's not a big problem if someone tries to steal it, which is virtually impossible as the router has a range of less than 15 metres.

ANYWAY, since we have this random company, for some reason my DS is having problems with creating an IP address for itself. I've done the whole manual setup, but after that I get some other error, which yields no help from the Nintendo website. I've only ever had one sliver of success, which allowed me to download some weekly puzzles for Professor Layton.
And yes, before you ask, we have tried resetting the connection, and all that jazz. At the present moment, the Windows 7 PC is seeing a different connection that the Windows XP PC, despite it being the same connection. Strange, non?

The short version: I can't connect to the internet with my DS Tongue

it's insecured, right? Just search for access points on the DS's menu and select your insecure network. It should pretty much work.

Only it doesn't. Maybe I didn't point that out clearly, but when I test my connection (or try to use it in-game) it gives me the aforementioned error.