Problems, problems, problems.

4 replies [Last post]

As many people know, I have a lot of problems with woogle. But this isn't about woogle Laughing out loud
it's about the experimental games package.
Anyway, while using a program that runs window files called "wine", I opened some of the games. All the games have either black, white or blue screens except for sunshine, which is unnecessarily huge.

So if any of you have any suggestions, I'd like to hear them.

I made goomods.

Wine is not a catch-all Windows emulator (Hence the name: Wine Is Not an Emulator). What Wine does is try to add a simple layer on top of Mac (or Linux, or whatever you're running) that helps a lot of commonly-used Windows stuff in programs work. The important part here is the term "commonly-used." Not everything works as it should. Some things won't work at all. In your case, I'd say that it's having trouble drawing stuff to the screen.

If a program isn't running well in Wine, and the program runs fine in Windows (I can vouch that these do), it's probably an edge case that the people who made Wine may not know about. It's not the program's fault. With that in mind, you may be better off letting the people who made Wine know about it, since they're more in a position to help (And there may be something you can tweak to get the games running with Wine as-is). http://www.winehq.org/help/ is a good resource to look for help.

Or you can, you know, *cough* get a Windows machine. Tongue

Thanks for the help!
By the way, does it work with...nevermind Tongue.

I made goomods.

If WINE stands for Wine Is Not an Emulator, is it technically an acronym for itself? Which would be infinitely expanded? (W.I.N.E.I.N.E.I.N.E.I.N.E...)

-_-

There's been a bug filed on the GNU site saying that expanding the acronym (GNU's Not Unix!) too many times can cause a buffer overflow in the human brain, potentially allowing arbitrary code to be executed.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.