GooFlammer's idea

22 replies [Last post]

I have a name! It could be called, " Galixy of goo". It could have 5+ planets, all acting as chapters! It could be based around the Sign painters son, The sign artist, finding a strange paper at the ruins of the WoG corp.! It says that they have created a plan to take away every type of goo ball from every planet and turn it into new drinks and other products!

He sees a strage contaner called "Liquid G", and when he touches it, he becomes a goo ball! But only for about 5 seconds. He puts it on other things, and if their living, they become a type of goo ball suiting to their personality. And if it touches an anatomite object, it becomes goo product(By the way, the container is tranformation proof)! It turns out that the more of the liquid you put on an object, the longer it stays in a goo ball form! And if a lot is put on it, it stays in its goo ball form forever! It was created to:

1.Turn ananimate objects into goo.
2.Thrn the non-Goo ball inhabitince to goo so that they cant stop WoG corps. plan. and
3. Apon leaving planet, if the planet dosent look like a good spot for their wide viriaty of planet resorts(Just pulled the idea out of thin air), they will permanitly eraticate the planet from the universe by turning it into a giant goo ball, creating millions of goo drinks when processed.

He bids adew to his dad, and leaves for the great unknown, only bringing his painbrush, ink, and some food(for some reason, anyone who touches Liquid G has the ability to breath in space). Like my idea? Please tell! This is goo flamer, signing out.

AKA "Goobomber" practically everything else

T̶h̶e̶ G̶o̶o̶b̶r̶i̶d̶s̶:̶ C̶o̶m̶i̶n̶g̶ 's̶o̶o̶n̶' (̶V̶a̶l̶v̶e̶ T̶i̶e̶m̶)̶ ...if WoG 2 has modding support and I can remember what ideas I had a decade ago, maybe? No clue, I was like 12

Profile pic from Ne

Sounds cool, but hard to make with the WoG engine. Maybe using Flash, GM, or some other 'language'?

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

I had the idea around 10o'clock at night. I was also sligtly sick. But another idea I have is for a new type of goo ball. It's the "Portal Gooball". WoG corp. made it as a quick way to get from place to place. The goo ball has no personality, but is very useful. It can be used to
1.tellaport yourself to another chapter
2.tellaport yourself to another part of the level
3. and alow you to skip a level.
I have a ton of ideas so I will post them later.
P.S: Can I be a part of the WoG2 team?(Yes, I know that its not called WoG2 any more but I'll call it that until we come up with a cool name)Thanks! This is Gooflamer, signing out.

T̶h̶e̶ G̶o̶o̶b̶r̶i̶d̶s̶:̶ C̶o̶m̶i̶n̶g̶ 's̶o̶o̶n̶' (̶V̶a̶l̶v̶e̶ T̶i̶e̶m̶)̶ ...if WoG 2 has modding support and I can remember what ideas I had a decade ago, maybe? No clue, I was like 12

Profile pic from Ne

Also might be impossible. Sad

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

What, the Portal goo ball or me being on the WoG2 team?

Profile pic from Ne

The portal ball. Wink

Ask davidc to join the WoG2 team, but I don't know if they're letting anyone join.

But The person who made the sandbox level made a tube that teleported anything that went in it to the top left corner of the screen!why cant we do that?

Profile pic from Ne

1. Top right. Wink
2. That was MattOG. He hasn't appeared in a while....
3. Open the level in Woogle. You will see a lot of gravity settings which takes the beauty along an asigned path. Not rocket science.

Also look at AB3 (Alice, Bob, and the 3rd Party).

Well why cant we do that?

Profile pic from Ne

WE can, it's just really hard and takes a lot of hard work and effort.

Well, not too hard, unless you want a constant cycle. Also look at GooGooAction's The Old PC Tower.

I also used the idea in one of my NotWOG2 levels that hasn't been posted yet...
In general, it's easy to implement, but it doesn't always turn out the best as far as implementing it goes. It works for some levels, but it isn't a general all-around solution.
And making a teleporter gooball is, as far as I know, impossible. You can't hinge linearforcefields to balls, at least not to get the effect you are after. But good idea!

We've had quite a good number of people ask to be on the NotWOG2 team... I think our response to all of the requests can be summed up as follows:
-You need to show that you can create good levels, with good original ideas, etc. Not to be mean about this or anything; if you can create level prototypes that someone else can fix up, that's fine.
-But you need to CONTRIBUTE, not just join and leave, like the rest of us do...um...yeah...I'll have to think through that...

Anyway, the gist is if you are willing and able, not just willing, and if you don't want on just to see what we have so far (I'll give you the benefit of the doubt: we don't have much).

In a nutshell, what we need are good artists and good level designers. If you can show yourself to be either of the above, we'd love to have you on the team.

*The above comments are only my opinion. If any other team members have anything to add/subtract, please comment.

What about a stroyline team? We could do each chapter based on one of the Storyline crews ideas. For example(I'm just naming random users)
1. Gooflamer
2. Stickybomb
3. MOM4Evr
4. Albino Pokey
5. James.
I'm a noob at making goomods and i'm more of a storyline person. I also have school so I dont have much time for goomods. I am also a Pokefan, Flipnote hatenain, mario adict, Halo adict(Someone should REALLY make a halo based level pack),WoG fan(But still not able to make levels), etc.. Besicly I'm a hardcore gamer(Been playing video games ever since I was ONE! No joke!)who spends 70% of his day playing video games. Now here's an idea. A goo ball that has 5 strands(the things that attach themself to other goo balls)! Here's one that's easyer to do: a new collection of goo balls called the "goobrids". They combine 2 or more types of goo balls togeather. Like flamible ivys, explosive ballons, or ivy gooball filled with helium. This is gooflamer, signing out.

Profile pic from Ne

Stickybomb and Albino Pokey aren't part of the NotWOG2 team either... Wink
I think we've got the storyline pretty much covered already (xanax made a great one sorta based off of GooMaster2000's original story). But thanks for the offer!
We don't really mind if you are a newbie at making levels, that's fine. If you even have as much as good ideas for levels, I'm sure we could use your help.

Unfortunately, a 5-strand goo is impossible (actually, it's easy to create the xml for a 5-strand goo, but WOG still just gives it 4 strands). I forget what forum topic exactly this was on, but it was discussed earlier this year, and everybody reached that conclusion.

Otherwise, we do welcome new Goo Ball ideas. (as long as they're possible to make!) Our team used to have a guy who worked on new balls and new ideas for balls, maybe you could fit in there. (If you aren't good with World of Goo Ball Editor, one of us could handle the actual Goo Ball creation aspect)
Yes, NotWOG2 does need a bunch of new Goo Ball types (We've made a couple new types, but not enough yet!).

Why am I the only team member chiming in? Hmm... Guys, what do you think?

Here, I'll give you a few that I made.

1) I'm a noob at making goomods and i'm more of a storyline person. I also have school so I dont have much time for goomods. I am also a Pokefan, Flipnote hatenain, mario adict, Halo adict(Someone should REALLY make a halo based level pack),WoG fan(But still not able to make levels)

I wouldn't use the term "Addict" for such things. Wink Also, everyone does their part in making levels, not JUST ideas. We may come up with an idea once in a while, but we would really like some actual work. Not just "ababababababababla!" words. (but I'm a halo fan too! I hope you have the pc trial version! Tongue )

2) Now here's an idea. A goo ball that has 5 strands(the things that attach themself to other goo balls)! Here's one that's easyer to do: a new collection of goo balls called the "goobrids". They combine 2 or more types of goo balls togeather. Like flamible ivys, explosive ballons, or ivy gooball filled with helium.

We can't do more than 4 strands. That's the way the game was designed by Kyle. Goobrids sound interesting, but flammable ivies hhave already been invented. Wink

I must say that while you have a boat load of ideas, you're not putting any of them into action. We are gooers, not miracle workers. (unless you count this creation a miracle. Tongue )

If this creation ever gets done, it WILL be a miracle! Wink

If you need any more new Goo Balls for the NotWoG2, you can use my Launch, IvyNB, helium, Inferno, GlowProduct, LavaProduct, glow, Ice, AncientTemple, AncientPokey, and LavaMom. Just give me credit somewhere.

I thought that the 5 stranded gooball wouldnt work. But I think I may have an idea that may help us make liquid G! we could hide gooballs behind trees and rocks and other materials and when Liq. G gets close to it, the gooballs detach them self. New Ideas! Types of Goobrids: Bomloons(Explosive ballons), Hellive(helium filled ivys), Ivy albino(ivys with four strands), and super goo(Explosive, helium filled albino ivys). How do you like my goobrids? Their are more comming! Now can someone tell me how to merge 2 or more gooballs? I want to make a bomloon soon. I'm thinking of using it for a level I will try to make soon. Thanks for reading!

Profile pic from Ne

Wow, you sure are a chatterbox! Tongue

*Liquid G=not possible.
*Goobrids=Try to keep them secret if you want to use them for the game. Wink
*Thanks for reading=You're welcome. Tongue

Liquid G could be possible...maybe a chain-like geomkiller/ballbuster attached to a draggable anchorsticky, with something like the Jingle Balls present?

To merge Goo Balls, decrypt the balls.xml.xml and copy over properties you want (see the reference guide). Or use WooBLE. Wink

Thanks! New idea(Almost all of my posts in this topic will feature a new idea for the game) More goobrids: Plivy(Pliot+ivy) and alplosive(explosive albinos). I will post a level featuring some of my goobrids soon. When I do, feel free to use them in any of your levels! Just make sure to give credit. You can expect this level in a month or so after I compleate my top secret "Ultimate chalenge" level whitch may take awhile.

Profile pic from Ne