just a suggestion

4 replies [Last post]

under world of goo addins and under levels it only shows the highest rated. i think it would be nice for there to be a tab where you can choose to sort by date or rating or other. i find it difficult to find levels that are a little bit older than the box on the home page, but current enough. can we find davidc?

-_-

IRC is a good place to catch him every now and then. His name there is ennui.

The home page box is designed to show "random" by default, to ensure that people see a good selection of addins and not just the latest or highest rated - the idea being that the top-downloaded addins don't just get downloaded more and more as a result.

On the actual addins list page (e.g. http://goofans.com/download/level ) it would be hard to be able to sort by date because there's not enough room to add another column. I suppose there could be a drop-down at the top for 'sort by' instead, but that's not something Drupal provides so could prove quite a bit of work (since that page is entirely generated by Drupal's Views module).

-davidc

Wait, this site is using Drupal? I guess I never thought about that kind of thing.

It does sound like a bit of work, so I don't think we should be pressing this. If you really need to, you can use goofans.com/tracker for the latest posts/addins. (even though it's organized by last comment, rather than date)

found a solution! just use google reader.

-_-