The Ultimate Level Challenge

31 replies [Last post]

The Ultimate Level Challenge Forum is to track down the updates on the blog, and spread your word on hard levels.

http://goofans.com/download/other/ultimate-level-challenge

Compatible with Platforms of Goo Version 1.74:

http://goofans.com/download/other/platforms-of-goo

NEWS FEED/UPDATES ON THE ULTIMATE LEVEL CHALLENGE

May 5, 2014 Update

FINAL POST OF THE ULTIMATE LEVEL CHALLENGE!
I haven't posted a long time, but this is the final post yet! I'm sorry that I got tired from making this huge platforms of goo addin for a year and so I'll take a break, but don't worry, ULC will be still in my page and video walthroughs are still be available on YouTube.

I guess this is goodbye to The Ultimate Level Challenge for now Crying I'll might see you guys later on.

April 26, 2014 Update

It was 4 days ago after ULC's 1st birthday. The day after the game's birthday just released a new version of ULC 2.0.1. For this version, Levels with secret passageways are redesigned since it's obvious to find it so I just tweak it. If you don't know the secret passageways yet, here's the list of levels:

SPOILER ALERT! DON'T READ THIS UNTIL YOU PASSED THE LEVEL!
1. Level 184, Factory World
2. Level 219, Swamp World
3. Level 262, Mineral World
4. Level 313, Eternity World
5. Level 357, Glass World
6. Level 401, Prehistoric World
7. Level 434, Storm World
8. Level 466, Solar World
SPOILER ENDS HERE!

If you're looking for Psychic World Walkthroughs, it will be on soon on YouTube. A Time Travel Walkthrough will be on the way!

April 22, 2014 Update

I haven't posted for ULC, but today is ULC's first birthday since the release. It was released since April 22, 2013 with the name "The 100 Level Challenge" with 100 usual levels until to this point that all 550 levels are released.

A new upcoming version of ULC will come into play. A notable changes for this one is that some levels like 475 will be edited and rearranged the objects, secret passageway levels such as 184, 219, 262, 313, and so on will be modified as well.

Since that I wasn't posted for a long time, Blizzard World, Solar World, and Autumn World are released to the public! Only 20 videos left, but some videos will have the edited version of the levels sooner.

April 15, 2014 Update

TIME TRAVEL IS RELEASED TO THE PUBLIC!

Finally guys you've all been waiting for! A few weeks after Psychic World's release, Time Travel is now here and with 50 brand new shaft levels. These 50 shaft levels have different layouts whereas each one of them comes in all 50 worlds. Meadow Grounds is the first marathon level will be onscreen. All the backgrounds are blue and purple with dust particles surrounding the image.

Upon the release, some minor changes to the addin:
1. Space World's Levels 98 and 100 gets their teleporters to the usual design in other levels with teleporters.
2. Some levels were buffed. One example is Level 147 of Graveyard World, which is now slightly difficult. 500 is also another example

This is not just the end. I have videos to publish on, so keep on finishing the game as far as possible!

April 13, 2014 Update

Only 2 days to go (hopefully) for the major expansion for ULC's Time Travel. If I can publish it on the exact date (April 15), because my wireless adapter overheated causing to lose its Wi-Fi connection, but don't worry, I'll make it up to you guys!

April 10, 2014 Update

It was 5 days ago that I post something about the pushing of dates. Forget about it, I officially declared to release it on Tuesday (or Monday), and only 10 level left before the release of Time Travel.

Next, There are now Blizzard World walkthroughs in YouTube. I post the world videos every Mondays and Thursdays from now. Since because next week is holy week, I have to rush on the release of Time Travel.

April 5, 2014 Update

I'm so sorry guys but Time Travel will be pushed to April 22 instead. I have many things to do as well but I'll make it up to you to play this one.

April 2, 2014 Update

It's the first post in April! For this month, ULC Celebrates its first birthday on April 22, 2014. The Ultimate Level Challenge (formerly, The 100 Level Challenge) was since released on April 22, 2013 and the expansion, which is ULC was released on June 5, 2013. We've passed a long time period when this level set was released, and it was the biggest Platforms of Goo Level Set upon today.

I'm still working on Time Travel right now, but it's coming as I posted the third teaser poster two days ago.

For the YouTube Walkthroughs, Storm World has finally arrived. Tomorrow will be the Medieval World Walkthroughs, and the page will feature instead of 3, there'll be 4. Currently the page features the hardest Levels in Prehstoric, Waste, and Tropical Worlds. 410 (suppose to be Level 406 but it's luck based), 419, and 425, the hardest falling block level.

ULC will get a brand new look after Time Travel will be released. A 2.0 version will come, major changes for this will involved for changing graphics:

1. Metropolis World's headline will change
2. Glass World's Platform images will change
3. Monster Images will have a new look
4. Fisty will be a cuter frog
5. The Goo Ball will have different variants in all 50 worlds!

All of these will come in this month!

March 31, 2014 Update

Time Travel will be on the way now, and a third promotional poster will be on the page soon. I have made 30 levels so far, and 20 more in the process.

I haven't been posted from some days since I was busy doing this level set, but here's more to come: I just released Waste and Tropical Worlds Walkthroughs on YouTube, and so I'm going to publish the Storm World Walkthroughs.

The release date for Time Travel might going to be pulled since I first announced the release date is on April 15, this will be Version 1.29.

March 26, 2014 Update

Half of the Time Travel Levels were already made. The first 10 Time Travel Levels will be revealed on the page so that the other 40 levels will be announced when the set is released. The release date for Time Travel that I wanted to declare is on April 15, 2014 because of my slow progression on making the addin.

March 23, 2014 Update

If you've beaten Level 500 so far, you might know that it's not the end of ULC. A storyline of Fisty that he is Time Traveling because he wanted to drink more cans than he wanted to be a tedious frog with a starving appetite.

Since back at what I said in the previous updates that there'll be 550 levels, and 50 of them are in the Time Travel set. A third poster was planned to be made for Time Travel showing the new levels of what have I made.

Prehistoric World Videos are finally in YouTube ever since the release of Psychic World. Wait for Waste World to come so more videos will come!

March 19, 2014 Update

IT'S FINALLY HERE!

Psychic World is now officially released to the public! Now enjoy the full 500 Levels guys, and also I'm going to record the videos for the Part 5 Worlds.

Time Travel will be on the way, but since this project is now on development, The release date will be pushed to April 2014 but no exact date. Because I'm going to change the appearances of bonuses and monsters. I want to make something unique for this addin, and the most wanted thing I want to change is to colorize Fisty with many variations throughout all 50 Worlds.

I remove my posts again so I can tell you about the Time Travel addin. Follow us on the next update.

EVERYTHING AMAZING BY INWOG

inwog, publisher of 407 World of Goo levels since 2009-2015

Finally finnished all Exclamation Mark
As I played your levels I see that you want to make time of play longer and longer Smile And I found some sad thibng on my new Windows 8: when too many things explodes on the same time the game crashes. (In one of "city-levels" I had to delete one bone, because killing three bones with unstable blocks was an unavoidable disaster).
I decided to delete the feature of Return Levels (Your levels are too long to be repeated and it only makes the players angry, when they have to return main menu)... Smile

Exclamation Mark Star Good job! I enjoyed the graphics. Star Exclamation Mark

Which level do you delete the bone? If you can tell me, I can fix that on Version 1.2. But now I'm very busy with other things like playing Candy Crush Saga and Basketball Training.

Level 81.

Which level do you think is hard for you to beat?

The difficulty of your levels is that they are very long (every one took at least 100 secounds). Since in PoG levels there's no save-point, I cannot make any mistake.
And you add a lot bonuses. Sometimes it's funny (you've experimented a lot with gravity-changer), but I often avoid a lot of fire or bomb bonuses. Not every bone and evil-eye has to be killed. Smile

For me the hardest single point in entire set was beginning of level 80.

Well guys, here's the first few levels to basically how to beat them. Although a few people just downloaded the level set, so here's the following tips to beat the hard levels:

Level 47 (Water World)
Your main goal in this level is to go underwater and collect the cans, but the only problem is the incorporating monsters after collecting the cans is very harsh to deal with. The only way to beat this level is "proper timing" because when many people do so moving forward without alerting themselves, they would cause trouble in the level.

Level 62 (Sky World)
The only hard part in this level is the near end. When you reach the room of 4 balloons with a bomb bonus, try to gently jump onto the balloons and grab the bonus. Position yourself near the blocks, but not too close! With this position during the explosion, you also killed the evil eye.

Level 80 (Digital World)
As Goosweek said in this blog, the hardest part of the set is the beginning of level 80, which I edited a few areas. First of all, don't rush, if you do, bit emitters will start chasing you, especially when the level starts. At the roon with 3 emitters together, you might consider destroying near them by getting the bonus and one of them hits it after destroying the red walls.

Level 97 (Space World)
Along with those "chase levels" (like levels 34 and 59), this is the hardest one so far. When "trapping" the evil eyes onto their "dungeon" rooms, timing yourself and use the bonus when they reach that point. You'll have to do this two times, and it takes you 3 minutes to finish the labyrinth area. The other areas could be a bit easy for you if you can steady your controls.

If you want more tips, post this forum or in my PoG Addins page. I hope these tips would work!

New levels coming this week of June!!! Smile

http://goofans.com/download/other/inwogs-platforms-of-goo-addins

What's new on ULC?
5 New Worlds to explore!

Join to the mystical and the quiet Forest World as it brings out its detructive bits to detonate bombs hand to hand. Step into the world of Tundra World as it brings out the cold climate on their time-bomb levels. Get up and explore in Canyon World as they bring the rain of fire, which they fall blocks on top. Take a vacation on Coastal World with splashing water and refreshing heat on your way. Go into the creeps as Graveyard World brings out the ghosts that makes monsters rage on speed.

You still repeat the levels in the set when you download the new ULC!

The download counter seems to be a bit messed up, I downloaded it just a couple of days ago.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

I see the point, but anyway...

How to Beat the Levels in Hell's Cluster

The Hell's Cluster is a term that contains a cluster of very hard levels next to each other. The Levels for the Hell's Cluster were the levels at the end of Techno World, which is Level 157, 158, 159, and 160 (Level 154 was supposed to be included, but it's not next to those following levels).

Level 157
This level contains severe falling blocks (like levels 130 and 139) and it also kills the bone monsters onto those cracked walls. When starting this levels, don't rush as far as I know that blocks will drop on the first cracked wall platform. If you totally detonate the bombs in this level, you might consider to restart the level, otherwise that after you got the can, you're stranded!

Level 158
There are some parts were hard at these times. The first part is the 3 lane balloons, and try to kill them with a titanium bomb instead of killing the bone monsters. Another one is the 5 boxes, which two of them contains the can, but it might sounds easy. Next is the large room with a bone and a titanium bomb with balloons guarding it. That part must have a good timing when you destroy the cracked wall holding a block. The last part would be getting the upward bonus whenever you didn't deploy the block. When you're lucky, aim for another upward arrow to get the can up the room.

Level 159
The hardest level among the cluster, and the whole stage. This level has a variety of single blocked platforms that you have a hard time going between them as well. The blocks could be useful in this level as it kills balloons whenver you're attempting to get the cans.

Level 160
The only hard parts in this level are the room with an evil eye and the room containing a bone and a bit emitter. Both of these rooms can be passed with a dynamic fire.

Well, I'm off on making new levels!!!

Level 159 is evil. I hate manipulating in thin holes, bends and junctions! Official level Labyrinth is base on your style, but I still don't feel it. ULC makes Goo Ball feel like a marathon runner going throught long, curved (and pointless) tunnels Stare

BTW I like your graphics. Best are worlds 1, 9, 11 (my favourite), 15, 16. I was surpised with the idea of arrow for Balloon Bonus. I've never thought that the way of showing "powerdowns" can be used in such way.
-Goosweek

There's more levels to come, if this edit download problem is fixed, I'm going to put new levels in the game, which are 161 to 180.

And yes, Level 159 is evil though it's the hardest level in Techno World. It barely designed to have multiple holes as I got from Level 154.

I discovered the best strategy for L-159: try not to detonate anything and avoid all bonuses (not the arrows of corse). With only two free Balloons it's easier (but still pretty hard).
I thinkt it's good idea to divide ULC into few parts (you can use After parameter), because even using [End] for skipping levels is slow.

And you can use dropbox for temporary publication of ULC (I used it to store newest PoG versions). It's free.

How do you use the After parameter?

Did you watch chapter ord files?
After parameter is path of level, that should be solved before the player can enter the level-set. It has to be specified before the Name parameter.
Check out new information in PoG Modding guide.

With the end of Part 2 of ULC, I want to have my very first Top 20 Hardest Levels and Top 20 Best Levels of ULC so far I created:

TOP 20 HARDEST LEVELS
1. Level 80 (Digital)
2. Level 129 (Canyon)
3. Level 159 (Techno)
4. Level 191 (Darkness)
5. Level 94 (Space)
6. Level 137 (Coastal)
7. Level 120 (Tundra)
8. Level 47 (Water)
9. Level 172 (Stone)
10. Level 186 (Factory)
11. Level 87 (Metropolis)
12. Level 187 (Techno)
13. Level 147 (Graveyard)
14. Level 130 (Canyon)
15. Level 70 (Sky)
16. Level 54 (Ice)
17. Level 77 (Digital)
18. Level 91 (Space)
19. Level 10 (Grass)
20. Level 30 (Lava)

TOP 20 BEST LEVELS
1. Level 170 (Jungle)
2. Level 165 (Jungle)
3. Level 177 (Stone)
4. Level 3 (Grass)
5. Level 100 (Space)
6. Level 53 (Ice)
7. Level 89 (Metropolis)
8. Level 64 (Sky)
9. Level 197 (Darkness)
10. Level 156 (Techno)
11. Level 133 (Coastal)
12. Level 117 (Tundra)
13. Level 108 (Forest)
14. Level 94 (Space)
15. Level 200 (Darkness)
16. Level 160 (Techno)
17. Level 128 (Canyon)
18. Level 24 (Lava)
19. Level 15 (Desert)
20. Level 45 (Water)

I published my own addin to PoG. It uses only original sounds and graphics and may be visualy less interesting than ULC.

Initial release is ready, but moderators need to enable it.
http://goofans.com/download/other/goosweeks-special-pog

Sorry for the high difficulty level, but I think it's fun to play, even when it takes a lot attepts to complete. I hope that some mechanism I present in Specials may inspire future custom levels.

PS. inwog, i think you can simply say, that ULC is the biggest PoG addin in entire history. There's really small chance for such big set of PoG levels in the future.

Yeah, and it's a hard work. I've been working on this addin for six months after its initial release on April 22, 2013. Smile

Because this is my inspiration of all of my addins combined, with such a lot of graphics, so many levels, new enemies, oh my! Laughing out loud

But you are right on making a PoG addin that has a really small chance, and just that I have a creative mind.

ULC's Part 3 had just ended on the release of Radioactive and Lunar Worlds. This time, I'll give you my top 10 hardest and best levels being made for the 200s.

TOP 10 HARDEST LEVELS OF THE 200s
1. Level 300 (Lunar)
2. Level 234 (Dune)
3. Level 250 (Spring)
4. Level 216 (Swamp)
5. Level 288 (Radioactive)
6. Level 229 (Reef)
7. Level 210 (Savannah)
8. Level 275 (Magma)
9. Level 270 (Mineral)
10. Level 239 (Dune)

TOP 10 BEST LEVELS OF THE 200s
1. Level 282 (Radioactive)
2. Level 245 (Spring)
3. Level 259 (Abyss)
4. Level 240 (Dune)
5. Level 258 (Abyss)
6. Level 263 (Mineral)
7. Level 278 (Magma)
8. Level 283 (Radioactive)
9. Level 238 (Dune)
10. Level 279 (Magma)

Can you invert order of "news" on this forum? It's easier to see newest info on the top than scroll it forever.

PS. Ghost balloons make me angry (I need to wait until every one appear before I enter any place).

Don't worry, I'll make it up.

The Ghost Balloons is based on luck. It's just 3 seconds appearing on the screen and 9 seconds disappearance. It's also one of my hated elements of mine, and only levels 309, 310, and 318 were so hard due to that.

Back at the main ULC, there are 4 levels containing secret passages so far, but as far I don't want to spread it out where it was located, so these are:

SPOILER ALERT!

Level 184

World: Factory World

Located at the far east which it leads to a room with a can and a fire bonus. This secret passage way is known to be passable to get the fire bonus as there are 3 jumping bones blocking off the pathway, and two of them were on the main path.

Level 219

World: Swamp World

Located at the eastern area of the play area. If you follow it carefully, it leads you to a known water bonus. This passage could be done or not.

Level 262

World: Mineral World

There are actually two hidden passageways on this level. The first one is passable on the left side of the map near at the starting point. The second one was blocked by a gear, and it leads to a short cut of the whole map leading to the only can in the map.

Level 313

World: Eternity World

This is obvious to be seen, because the fact that you started at the frog and you seen two path leading to the edges, the top path has two, and it leads you to the room with a fire bonus and two balloons.
SPOILER ENDS HERE!

Level 309 is too hard. Stare

Yeah, I know and it was the hardest level in Fungi World.

For those who stuck at Level 342 must read here in order to win.

When arriving and detonated the first bomb, climb up to the platform then use wall clinging to climb up the next platform. Do this three times until you have seen two cans and yellow thorns on a platform.

The wall clinging skill needs to be perfected in order to move up on walls without jumping on another platform. The key first is to jump, then quickly switch controls by using the opposing arrow key (whenever you to the left, arc it to the right, and vice versa).

This also applies on Levels 347 and 350, but in Level 350, the wall clinging is in reversed so you need more controls to cling walls.

Tomorrow is the release of Neon World, so get the latest version of ULC to see the ending of the 4th Part. As for now, here's my top 10 hardest and best levels of the 300s

TOP 10 HARDEST LEVELS OF THE 300s
1. Level 394 (Neon)
2. Level 323 (Mud)
3. Level 355 (Glass)
4. Level 400 (Neon)
5. Level 347 (Cloud)
6. Level 317 (Eternity)
7. Level 309 (Fungi)
8. Level 340 (Blaze)
9. Level 375 (Taiga)
10. Level 365 (Badlands)

TOP 10 BEST LEVELS OF THE 300s
1. Level 400 (Neon)
2. Level 390 (Farm)
3. Level 330 (Mud)
4. Level 321 (Mud)
5. Level 331 (Blaze)
6. Level 353 (Glass)
7. Level 368 (Badlands)
8. Level 389 (Farm)
9. Level 397 (Neon)
10. Level 317 (Eternity)

I wonder what is Sun Emitter.

I think that Sun Emitter should be replaced with Fish Goo Emitter.

Because of the concept for the Sun Emitter is that the name was taken in its discovery in Solar World (like Radioactive World with Nuclear Bombs, and Blaze World with Devil Bomb Emitters).

I've solved slow skipping levels. Even with 500-level set (in one order file) it goes like 2 seconds on my worst computer (for ULC 100-level sets it was close to 10 sec.)

I'm collecting minor improvements like that for PoG 1.75 (For now it's possibility of changing text colors, a bit faster animation of Goo Ball and solved skipping).

PS. I like the walls form the last world Smile
I wonder how dangerouse would be Evil Eye with reduced image_xscale and image_yscale (It wouldn't be able to stuck in the hole, like full-size Eye).

It's nearly complete, I have 50 more levels to go for a complete full set. I'm working on Time Travel right now. For the evil eyes, I bet some levels would cause trouble.

Now for the 400s hardest and best levels I've done:
TOP 10 HARDEST LEVELS OF THE 400S
1. Level 500 (Psychic)
2. Level 406 (Prehistoric)
3. Level 466 (Solar)
4. Level 496 (Psychic)
5. Level 425 (Tropical)
6. Level 410 (Prehistoric)
7. Level 415 (Waste)
8. Level 490 (Cyber)
9. Level 460 (Blizzard)
10. Level 419 (Waste)

TOP 10 BEST LEVELS OF THE 400S
1. Level 456 (Blizzard)
2. Level 417 (Waste)
3. Level 491 (Psychic)
4. Level 490 (Cyber)
5. Level 484 (Cyber)
6. Level 450 (Medieval)
7. Level 421 (Tropical)
8. Level 401 (Prehistoric)
9. Level 461 (Solar)
10. Level 483 (Cyber)

Tips on beating ULC's Time Travel

At start, think about when do you grab the can. Once you grabbed the can, the shaft will start moving as it will bring you downwards until you've reached Fisty on ground.

From Meadow Grounds to Underwater Marina it's very straightforward to collect the can on purpose since there's nothing on the way. When the shaft starts to rise, try to get on high ground as quickly as possible.

In Virtual Aspects, the shaft is very fast due to the game's speed. There's nothing to worry about because this is just a bit easy of a level.

The other levels requires to be precise because the shaft will block the "only" paths that can be taken.

While going to Fisty, be quick as the shaft will gobble you up.