Man, its been a while since anything got updated

11 replies [Last post]

(title)

H J K

Long time no see, WEXXES.
Are you intending on writing anything in this forum topic, or should I delete it?

It has. I was waiting for someone else to post.

-_-

Yeah, I'm sorry. I'm trying to get the code working, but Box2D is giving me a huge headache.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

What's exactly the brick wall you're beating your head against? Just Box2D's complexity, getting it linked in right, or wha?

Both. I can't even get the testbed to build on my system for experimentation. Sad

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Ohh, well the testbed uses GLUT for drawing, which isn't the easiest thing to get to compile on Windows. I can't remember if I personally got it running on Win32. I know I got it running on Linux without much hassle. But you probably want to read the documentation and build a small program of your own rather than messing with the testbed. The testbed IS really cool, though, but it's not the best Box2D "Hello, World" program.

Okay, thanks. I'll try that then.

WOO BOX2D IS WORKING YAY!!!

Apparently there was an error in the cfloat header redirecting to the wrong version of float.h, which screwed up the compiler. Giving it an absolute path fixed everything.

I'll try writing a test program tomorrow. SDL also works fine, so I'll try using it to draw polygons and stuff.

Sweet. It's always awesome to get stuff compiled and linked and such properly. I cross-compiled a 32-bit version of my game today from 64-bit Linux, and that was quite an awesome feeling as well. Smile

Okay, so HelloWorld.cpp works fine. Gives nice values for acceleration, movement, etc. So that's a good sign too!

Albino Pokey wrote:
WOO BOX2D IS WORKING YAY!!!

Apparently there was an error in the cfloat header redirecting to the wrong version of float.h, which screwed up the compiler. Giving it an absolute path fixed everything.

I'll try writing a test program tomorrow. SDL also works fine, so I'll try using it to draw polygons and stuff.

Party Big smile Laughing out loud Smile w00t!!!

Good job to you sir Hat

-_-