WoG Editor Question

10 replies [Last post]

I heard the WoG Editor needs WoG Version 1.3 or higher to work. Is this true?

"It was amazing: I felt a sudden earthquake, before feeling a gradually growing lightness. I was drifting higher and higher, watching in awe. I saw before me the skeletons of all the dead of my once-proud genus, of every species, of every island. I could

thB
thB's picture
ContributorAddin AuthorKleptomaniacToo Much Free TimeSerious OCD

I highly doubt that, because wogeditor is basically a standalone application. Haven't tried with a lower version, though.

my gooey profile | my video channel | author of Hazardous Environment

thB wrote:
I highly doubt that, because wogeditor is basically a standalone application. Haven't tried with a lower version, though.

Are you sure? I have V. 1.0 and WoG Editor doesn't work for me! Maybe when I get home, I'll try downloading V. 1.3. (I'm posting this on a school computer)

"It was amazing: I felt a sudden earthquake, before feeling a gradually growing lightness. I was drifting higher and higher, watching in awe. I saw before me the skeletons of all the dead of my once-proud genus, of every species, of every island. I could

thB
thB's picture

No, I'm not sure, I just doubt it. There is no info about a minimum WoG version on the project pages at SourceForge. Besides, wogeditor was out before WoG 1.3, its latest version was released one day after v1.3 came out.
You should use 1.3 anyway, it fixes some bugs.

I tried WOG Editor before I got WOG 1.3 and it worked fine; however, the save and play level functionality didn't work. Just get WOG 1.3 and you should be fine.Smile

MethanalCHO wrote:

It's not MUST but you should use 1.3v of WoG. I think the Editor author posted a while saying so...

My Gooish profile | Videos on YouTube | My WOG Mods

Pavke wrote:
MethanalCHO wrote:

It's not MUST but you should use 1.3v of WoG. I think the Editor author posted a while saying so...

One question:

I can't find WorldOfGoo.exe in the Editor directory (the light blue folder). I need to find it to be able to use the editor. I know where to find it from the desktop, but when I use the same path in the editor, it doesn't show a World of Goo icon. How do I find WorldOfGoo.exe?!

I really don't know, it;s strange. Puzzled Try right click on your desktop shortcut and you will see where's the root directory. You also wan't to try "show hidden files and folders option"...

Pavke wrote:
I really don't know, it;s strange. Puzzled Try right click on your desktop shortcut and you will see where's the root directory. You also wan't to try "show hidden files and folders option"...

Just a question of medium importance: does "wan't" have a specific meaning, or did you just accidentially throw in an apostrophe? If it does have a specific meaning, please tell me.

Anyone can answer this question.

thB
thB's picture

I suppose Pavke wanted to say "would want".

Yeah, accidental apostrophe Smile