GooTool doesnt start up wog

9 replies [Last post]

sometimes when i click on the save and launch button, wog doesnt start. it just sits there and does nothing. i can see the process in my taskman but i have to kill that instance and restart world of goo to play. is this a problem with my world of goo or gootool?

Try manually starting your custom WoG. Don't use GooTool just to start it, if you haven't made any changes.

Author of World of Goo Portable. Download here!

i can start it normally it is just that when i use gootool to start it, it doesnt start

I've seen something similar...

I click Save and Launch... it saves.. then sits there.... and sits there...
and the moment I close GooTool.. the game starts.

Maybe GooTool somehow took up all the processing cycles? That usually explains why things don't start in the time that they usually should.

Author of World of Goo Portable. Download here!

Daft as Brush wrote:
I've seen something similar...

I click Save and Launch... it saves.. then sits there.... and sits there...
and the moment I close GooTool.. the game starts.

Happens to me too, all the time. Actually, if you wait long enough it will start up eventually.

My Gooish profile | Videos on YouTube | My WOG Mods

for me, Pavke, it doesnt eventually start up

i got it to hang so i left it alone while i did homework and ate supper. And when i checked it again 3 and a half hours later, it still hadnt started. no big deal though, i have made a habit of starting the game from the icon anyways Tongue

thB
thB's picture
ContributorAddin AuthorKleptomaniacToo Much Free TimeSerious OCD

Grant wrote:
no big deal though, i have made a habit of starting the game from the icon anyways Tongue

Ditto. But it's still an issue that should ideally be fixed some time.

my gooey profile | my video channel | author of Hazardous Environment

If you quit GooTool, World of Goo will launch immediately. But yes, it's a bug.

This used to only be an issue in my development IDE so I assumed it was something to do with being a subprocess of that. But now it's happening for me and others using the standard exe, so I'll take a look at it. May be related to Java version.

-davidc

smilliar too:

cliick'save and launch', stiil sitting, quit, doesn't open, open from my custom file,not open too

Spongebob rulez too Crown Crown Crown Crown

Back