Humble Indie Bundle – Pay What You Want

8 replies [Last post]

My Gooish profile | Videos on YouTube | My WOG Mods

Yup, if you thought world of goo was a good deal for 1 penny, look at this!

But of course I would pay as much money I had In my pocket for the thing...If I had any! Sad

ower now!

I don't get why they have "pay as much as you want". Any man in their right mind would just pay a penny, so why not just say it's on sale for (if it were normally $10) 99.9% off?

I don't know what to put into my signature. So I'll make this sentence filler instead! Yeah, that works.

But... now, it sort of defeats its own purpose. S:

"Any man in their right mind" in not a cheap jerk and will support these great game developers and give a little to CHARITY!!!!!

My Gooish profile | Videos on YouTube | My WOG Mods

After all, haven't you heard about the terrible news of World of Goo's piracy rate? IT WAS FLIPPIN' 90% MAN! SUPPORT THE INDIE DEVELOPERZ! (Or they will smack you silly! Tongue )

thB
thB's picture
ContributorAddin AuthorKleptomaniacToo Much Free TimeSerious OCD

I wouldn't (and didn't) consider that terrible news at all. Sure, in a way, it's sad, but a piracy rate like that is normal for all games. 2D Boy just decided not to harass their legit customers by using a DRM system. I'm absolutely sure that this decision does not affect piracy rates at all (for any game). Except maybe if you release your games only on an extremely rigid system like Steam.

my gooey profile | my video channel | author of Hazardous Environment

Haha, Steam. It's only rigid if it prevents you from downloading games in the first place. After that, just apply a Steam emulator and off you go playing it without Steam (but not online). (With UT3, I just ended up applying the non-DRM exe file from the regular patch package. Bam, no Steam required, and I still have a valid key.)

Author of World of Goo Portable. Download here!

Pavke wrote:
"Any man in their right mind" in not a cheap jerk and will support these great game developers and give a little to CHARITY!!!!!

Some people justt don't understand economics.

I don't know what to put into my signature. So I'll make this sentence filler instead! Yeah, that works.

But... now, it sort of defeats its own purpose. S: