Play World of Goo for FREE??

36 replies [Last post]

I posted this on 2DBoy/forum and for people that rarely go there I'm posting it here:

While I was surfing the internet I accidentally stumbled upon spoon.net
The site offers free applications and games with some "streaming app. technology"

Apps and games aren't downloaded but "streamed" via your browser. It lets you play WoG like a real thing without installation.
Go and see it your yourself: spoon.net just click on World of Goo and wait for plugin to download.

Is that legal? Did 2D Boy actually approve?? The game that people payed to play is now free online?
More cool games like Crayon Physics, Cogs are there.

This is bigger rip off then all those mini games that actually got approved by 2D Boy....

My Gooish profile | Videos on YouTube | My WOG Mods

So they run it in your web-browser, or do they install it on your computer?

Besides, if they were doing it free, they would have to have agreed to 2dboy and other corporations, or they might think that since they have thier own copy, they can share that with the world.

I have a better idea! first download the demo from the 2dboy website, then download the game from sites like yahoo, wildgames, ect. finally copy the res file from the game that was from the following websites that I just said, and paste it into the demo file. you will be playing the full version with no time limits! have fun!

Angry I have a better idea, go to piratebay and just download the game.

I'm saying this is illegal!! And it should be stop'd by any means! Angry

Pirating small indie studios is just evil!

WHOOPS! i didn't mean to make you angry! SORRY!!!!!!!

wait... D'oh! IM BUSTED FOR SURE! i didn't mean to do something thats illegal!

Then you must delete your game...or you committed theft or something idk, but you gotta do it now!

BUT I DONT WANT TO LOSE MY GOO!

PLEASE! I'M ONLY 11 YEARS OLD! HAVE MERCY!

I imagine it's approved by either 2D Boy or one of their publishers. I've seen a few sites - some of which have been advertised here - that allow you to get World of Goo free, legally. The catch generally being the advertising and/or offers you have to subscribe to.

-davidc

...He's right! Shock

In order for me to have to play it, I had to sign up and be a spoon member and stuff. I just wanted to look for myself so I can see what they are doing, and they asked me for my company and stuff. Apparently that info means you have to be an adult! Besides, most of us here have it already, so not much about it, really. (unless, of course, you would like to e-mail 2dboy and ask them yourself Wink )

They asked you all that info James? Really? I just clicked on World of Goo, Internet Explorer plugin started to download, got installed, waited 30 seconds for buffering and I could play...

Yeah, davidc is probably right

They said that my browser was not supported or something with a certain thing you apparently need for spoon, so I guessed you had to go and become a member.

That, or it was just they didn't have support for a mac. Tongue

Probably they don't support mac, happened to me with Google Chrome, IE8 works though.

I believe that was the case, but I still don't think that it is a good idea.
| SUPPORT FOR INDIE DEVELOPERS! |
| |
| |
| |
| - The Supporting Sign |
| Painter |
| |
\______________________________________/
| |
| |
| |

EDIT: that went out wrong. Apparently new posts don't allow over use of space. Tongue

Yeah,ASCII art isn't apreciated.

I got WoG for free,but not from piracy or torrent websites.I just found a install file somewhere on internet.

Crazeh man!

Joris wrote:

I got WoG for free,but not from piracy or torrent websites.I just found a install file somewhere on internet.

I'm disappointed at you Joris Sad

[why do people admit that they pirated the game?]

Joris, even if the game is available on the internet as an installer, YOU ARE STILL NOT SUPPORTING 2DBoy WHEN YOU GET IT FOR FREE! How many times do we have to tell these people? Tired

You should ALWAYS pay for video games (and music as well) if you get the chance, because it helps support the people that make the games that you love.

That reminds me a BitTorrent "rule": If you like it, buy it! Unfortunately, I don't think I liked anything I download off of BitTorrent, and half of those things are not being sold anymore. Instead I get all my games off of pay what you want sales. (And free on Steam, sometimes, even though I hate Steam.)

Author of World of Goo Portable. Download here!

GMMan wrote:
(And free on Steam, sometimes, even though I hate Steam.)

Me too! I hate Steam but I download their free games

I for one didn't get the game free. My dad bought it for me ($20 + shipping), and when he told me, I yelled at him for the fact that getting it for $27 for PC was nothing compared to getting it for $15 on Wiiware. Of course, he couldn't undo the order and once I found the mods on goofans I became glad that I had it for PC, not Wii.

So, I DIDN'T pirate the game. Also, Pavke, face it. Even I download some apps online. Who wants to pay 400 freakin dollars for something that you can just download for free? I never use torrents though. Too risky. Loaded with viruses, some of them.

Well,when my dad decided to buy me WoG,we failed to register to PayPal,dads credit card got rejected,they don't sell WoG in boxes here,so I had no choice.I almost cried in happiness when I finnaly got WoG to work.Please don't hate me,I'm not evil.

There's a thing about Lithuania.The law says that downloading things for free is not illegal,it's just bad.Spreading illegal copies of things is illegal.Torrents have things called leechers,so everyone using torrents is breaking the law.Almost all kids in Lithuania use torrents.I don't.I hate them.Please don't hate me.

Regards,

Me

I'm sorry,again Crying

Crazeh man!

Pavke wrote:
Joris wrote:

I'm disappointed at you Joris Sad

[why do people admit that they pirated the game?]

Conscience.Good people have it Smile

Crazeh man!

@Joris, sorry man, I forgot you live in Lithuania, and, like in Serbia, there is no PayPal and other digital services. Wink

Thanks for understanding me Shy (First one in forums to use that smile Smile )

Crazeh man!

Joris wrote:
Thanks for understanding me Shy (First one in forums to use that smile Smile )

I never saw that smiley before! LOL Shy

well for anyone who is given the opportunity to buy the game, take it! please! support the developers!

I have seen the game in boxes many times in canada, and i'm sure that it is available in the states and other european or asian countries so BUY THE GAME Smile

I will,when I can.

Crazeh man!

Joris wrote:
I will,when I can.

Or, if desperate, get it on the wii console.

I remember seeing a copy at my local Wal-Mart. I didn't think much of it at the time, but when I first played it after the pay-what-you-want sale, BANG! holy crap it's awesome. (As a fact, I didn't think much of the game when I went to buy it, I just thought "hey it was on Steam and everyone said it was good.")

BTW, I think we're getting off topic here, under Pavke's rule.
I guess I might try Spoon some time, see if it's really the full version or something.

Author of World of Goo Portable. Download here!

I just tried it this morning. Once you install the plugin, (takes about a minute) Full WoG will load as if it were installed on your computer.