just saw the enws blurb about little inferno, has anyone played it?

10 replies [Last post]

i am loving WoG is Little Inferno a puzzle game or is it very different?

it isnt really a puzzle game, it's a game where you buy stuff with in-game money that you burn (and you get more money then you spent). but its more fun then it sounds, i swear.

Little Inferno is VERY different. Basically what Crazy_Pony said; you burn toys. It's super fun. There's no real puzzle aspect to it aside from burn combos.

Not to shameless plug, but I did a YouTube Let's Play of it a while ago. If you skip towards the end, there's a whole lot of spoilers, but the first video should give you a good idea of what the game is about.

i have seen the 2 trailers for the game, the first was my fave cuz it was so warped! i mean, we are practically destroying the world by burning all this crap, lol! i imagine there is a LOT more to just buying things to burn. but i do not want to be spoiled by a gamplay trailer. i will buy the game on cd soon, i can buy it from the website right? or is it in stores as well?

I have no idea if they ever made physical copies of the game (I'm guessing not, because their store release of World of Goo didn't do so well), but the best place to buy it is probably from the official website.

and will buying it give me the game installation on cd? i dislike digital games, im kinda old school that way.

There is no cd of the game available anywhere, as far as I know (Most games nowadays don't have CD's either). But being a digital download, you can burn it to a CD quite easily.

good to know, im not quite sure how i do that, cuz i have had times when i burn it and it decides that when i put the disc in it doesnt show any of the stuff i burned. but i will keep it in mind. the the world of goo cd i have was one of the few pc copies out there?

World of Goo had a fairly limited store run, yes. You can still buy physical copies from some places, it just didn't sell nearly as well for them physically as it did online, and getting set up to sell physical copies was a huge hassle for them, so they decided against doing the same for Little Inferno.

makes sense.

I think I have a physical copy of the game somewhere at my mother's house somewhere, I should find it and bring it to my other house as display.

-_-