world of goo crashes on start up and more!

5 replies [Last post]

please help. for some reason when I start up world of goo it crashes when it starts at the first screen with the text, when the 2DBOY logo comes up, and on the main menu! it happens EVERYTIME!!!! to make it worse, it crashes on ALMOST EVERY OTHER GAMES, AUDACITY SOME ONLINE GAMES AND MORE! I don't think i could use this computer anymore, but i do work on two seperate computers on two different houses. (thats why im not on goofans on mondays tuesdays and wednsdays.) i'm waiting for the working computer to replace this one an a new one to go on the working computers old spot, but i was hoping that any of you could help me out, otherwise i would just have to keep waiting.

Just a few questions:
1. How exactly does it crash? Do you get the Bluescreen of death? Does your computer say "This program has stopped working"?
2. What OS are you using?
3. How many years old is this computer?

This seems to be more of a general computer issue than a World of Goo issue but I'll be glad to help if I can.

all it does is stop on the screen it crashed on and i have to unplug the main plug and plug it back in (it won't restart or do anything unless i do this) and turn it back on and it works fine but it will still crash. EDIT: i'm using Windows XP but i don't know how old the computer is.

Ugh, that doesn't sound good...
I'm not a computer expert, so I'm not sure if I can help, really...
But you CAN, if the computer freezes up like that, press and hold the power button for 5-10 seconds and the computer will turn off, without you having to pull the plug. Wink

But interrupting the power also helps with some problems...

With my computer it fixed a strange bug with the surge protector because it reset itself when I pulled the plug.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

"The powerbutton hold"does give me a message on vista that windows not shut down sucsessfully

But i don`t have that problem