Will it give me enough 'props' to be a moderator?

31 replies [Last post]

my WoG2 is going lovely ^_^

davidc, If I complete it and its just beyond awesome, would it be enough to be a Goofans Moderator?

DaB quoted that it might a while ago

so, is it? or will it ?

-Tacomann13

TM13's View of the World of Goo: PART 1 is now out!

(I now go by ENDESGA)

I think Goofans has enough moderators. And there isn't to much work right now so we are handling it nicely.

My Gooish profile | Videos on YouTube | My WOG Mods

Most of the moderators dont DO anything...
could you ask davidc if I can have a trial?
like, I be a moderator for a month (or less) and if I make a good job out of it I can stay being one

Theres really only 2 moderators that actually publish stuff. I can help you guys, ALOT. please trust me

-Tacomann13

(I now go by ENDESGA)

tacomann13 wrote:
Most of the moderators dont DO anything...

What do you mean by that... What else is there to do?

Daft as Brush and I were away for couple of days, personal travels... (Daft still is...)
Now I'm back and I gave you answers to all your mod questions. do you want to become a moderator just so you can publish your own mods?
Be patient, it isn't the and of the world if the mod doesn't get published the same day when you request it. Wink

As for being a moderator, you can ask davidc your self, try at irc chat

Can moderators publish their own addins? I didn't know that! Makes sense though.

But I agree with TM13 that there are several moderators who haven't been online in ages, for example, Jamerz and 30jon. Why not add some new mods?

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

EXACTLY!

Hey, AP, do YOU wanna be a moderator?

(I now go by ENDESGA)

Nothing against the almighty Taco, but I wish to express what I think in a gentle manner:

NO! NONONONONONONONONONONONONONOEZ! Tongue

But really, If you became a Mod, then what if an Addin you had had a problem in it? Then Everybody would be requesting you fix it and stuff. That stuff is always checked before approval. Besides, being a mod isn't about publishing whatever you have, it's about helping goofans, and um.... Where is that? Wink

Personally, I think that moderators should have to wait for another to approve it before publishing.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

tacomann13: How about you work on making Mac versions of WooGLE, GooVIE, and GooBLE? aguyshat (and possibly other Mac users, if there are any) could use them if you did so, and that would show that you are quite responsible and capable of handling large projects (such as maintaining a forum).

I've seen other people ask to be moderators as well. I do understand the urge to hold power, and lord it over other people, but don't you think our moderators would like to do the same? Wink The purpose of having moderators on a forum is to keep everyone on-topic (which we are doing for the most part), keep spammers down, (I haven't seen ANY spammers recently, so that means our moderators are doing a terrific job right now), make sure goomods actually work before they're published (some of yours don't, so if you published your own mods, there would be potential problems and conflict with the other moderators), etc.
For more info, see here: http://www.goofans.com/world-of-goo/editor-guidelines

To be honest, "most of our moderators don't DO anything" holds true. But are they required to DO stuff? And does "DOing stuff" make you a potentially good moderator? If that's the case, Goosweek and inwog would be moderators, since they make more levels than most everyone else. If you'll notice, the levels our moderators have made are some of the most creative and inventive (You haven't even seen some of the insanely cool stuff Daft has done behind the scenes for the 2DFans project), because they understand all the ins and outs of modmaking, have written tutorials on making levels, have discovered new stuff about ball properties, etc. Not that that necessarily makes you a good moderator either, but intimate knowledge of the modmaking process is a must, since it's your job to notice that a goomod has a problem, and tell the creator how to fix it, before publishing. I'd recommend, if you want to be a moderator, to take some time familiarizing yourself with xml, and at least solve problems with your own goomods before requesting them to be published.
I'd also recommend not getting your hopes too high, either. I think we have enough moderators as-is, I think that they're doing great, and I don't see any reason to add any more.

AP: I don't think that this is much of a problem, since our moderators are very good about double-checking that stuff works before publishing it. There hasn't been any trouble with moderators publishing levels that don't work or aren't appropriate, except a couple isolated incidences, to the best of my knowledge.

oh..kaaay

Sad I guess my DREAM of being a moderator will NEVER happen

(I now go by ENDESGA)

Mom4Evr: Could we at least join the NotWoG2 project? Smile

@MOM: okay, that was a mouthfull. Laughing out loud

@Taco: Unless you do something EXTRORDINARY, then yea, your right. Tongue

@AP: You already started you own thing! Why don't you finish tat first? Wink

Yeah, sorry, kinda babbling on and on there...

AP: I second what James said. I think that you (and tacomann13) should finish your mods first, so we can see what kind of quality for ideas/levels/balls we can expect before we let you join the team. I also think that only davidc can officially make you members of the team, and he's gone/busy at the moment.

Second to everything that MOM4Evr said in his big post...

hmmmm,
okay ^_^

Soon Ill make a new forum post showing you guys my scetches and screenshots of TM13's WoG2

believe me, You guys will LOVE it ^_^

(I now go by ENDESGA)

HAVE A LOOK!

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/5132/img003gh.jpg
my original WoG2 scetch ^_^

(I now go by ENDESGA)

Very nice sketch. Looks almost like a Mark Kistler-esque art theme. I like it!

thanks ^_^

crud, heh heh, I had a brain fart, so THATS how you spell sketch... as i said, major brain fart :s

oh well
Im glad you like it

(I now go by ENDESGA)

Cool sketch!

How many levels do you have done? Enough for a bigger demo? Smile

the WHOLE TM13's WoG2 has 39-45 levels (depends if some are posible)

and thanks ^_^ the sketch took me.. around about.. 2-4 hours, i cant remember exactly though ;s

@AP, how many levels does your 'Another Planet' have?

(I now go by ENDESGA)

one other thing, Chapter 1: The GOO filled Tree, will be coming as a demo really soon. TGFT has 10 levels in total

buuut most of them dont have any OCD, SO, I NEED SOME TESTERS!!!
please contact me at goo.tacomann13@gmail.com and Ill give you the LEVEL to play and you tell me the highest score ^_^

thanks
-Tacomann

(I now go by ENDESGA)

So far I have the 5 in chapter 1 and 9 in chapter 2 made and working.

I have about 25-30 more that I will make for the other chapters.

hmmm cool ^_^

Im just gonna say two things
1.Are we competeing?
2.GO ON CHAT

(I now go by ENDESGA)

1. No.
2. Yes.
3. I like pie.

well, I think we are because well
WE ARE THE ONLY 2 PEOPLE MAKING HUGE WoG2 VERSIONS

Im not saying thats bad but... i dunno

(I now go by ENDESGA)

WAIT!!!! HOW ABOUT ME???????????????????????

Spongebob rulez too Crown Crown Crown Crown

Back

hm?
are YOU making a huge new WoG2 too?

(I now go by ENDESGA)

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(but still working 0n chapter 1 Tongue )

Back

What's it called?

you serious

(I now go by ENDESGA)

tm13: SERIOUS!!!!!
AP: The goo filled sponge

btw, lest had a irc chat

Back