Please help us translate the World of Goo App Store text!

73 replies [Last post]

I'm studying Latin, so I'm used to the grammar stuff. It has the same cases (or "edges"), except that we use the word Ablative instead of Instrumental. Smile

But if you're fluent in Latvian, which it sounds like you are, you could probably do some translations. And language pack goomods are easy to make: all you need is a text.xml in the folder, like this:

<strings>
<string id="CHAPTER1_NAME"
        lv="The Goo Filled Hills in Latvian" />

<string id="CHAPTER2_NAME"
        lv="Little Miss World of Goo in Latvian" />

</strings>

You can tell that I'm great at translating into Latvian. But you get the idea.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

I can understand the masculine/feminine thing, since I speak Spanish. It sounds like an interesting language. It'd be cool if you could publish a translation pack for it.

If concretely it should go like this but I'm not sure about the real translation cause it kinda sounds weird in Latvian and un-understandable but I'm fine with that:

<strings>
<string id="CHAPTER1_NAME"
        lv="Goo piepildītie kalni" />

<string id="CHAPTER2_NAME"
        lv="Mazā miss no goo pasaules" />

</strings>

World of goo in Latvian would say - Goo pasaule

Well something like that.

The translations usually are rubbish and you are not able to know how actually the words should be translated so the best way is to ask somebody else. In Latvian world of goo says:

Goo pasaule

Wouldn't Goo have to be in the genitive? Or is it already and I'm just not seeing it?

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Goo - no. The name goo does not have edges in our language (Well about a half of the edges are the same I mean - for this word) and I actually dunno how goo spells in latvian cause I never heard of it before since I started this game. Oh, no... I looked in the online English - Latvian dictionary and it says the same goo... but it probably didn't understand the word.

My dictionary says gļotas, but that might have a different meaning. Goo would probably work better.

Yuck - gļotas... I know what you mean and now I know that goo is a disgusting thing.

Huh?

Now I'm sure there's a different meaning that I'm missing. What does gļotas usually mean?

Well according to this it is something like... Well I dunno - it may only mean goo - instead gooey as in - 'It's so gooey!'

Ah. With a negative connotation. As in, it implies something disgusting or bad. Like how in English terrible isn't quite the same as awesome. I understand now.

Gļotains is a not the same as gļotas. Basically:

Gļotains - Gooey
Gļotas - Goo

Wikigoo-4evr wrote:

Gļotains - Gooey
Gļotas - Goo

excatly my accounts name

I made goomods.