How To Make Own Language Pack

19 replies [Last post]

Hey all, do you know how to make a language translation for WOG? Because I want to make Indonesian Language Translation Pack for WOG

EDGE
WoG New Levels
My Live Fan Art Piano Music

Jurt modify the images and text.xml.bin

There was a translation wiki, but it died a while back. The easiest way is probably what Wogfan said: decrypt the properties/text.xml.bin file from your unmodified World of Goo and...wait.

Oh dear.

This is a problem. The ISO language code for Indonesian is "id", but text.xml.bin uses the "id" field for, well, the ID of the text string. Tongue

Does anyone know of an alternative code that could be used?

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

I think anything should work like ind or such. Just modify the config.txt.
By the way it is NOT recommended to modify those files. To prevent conflicts with other addins, please use tect.xml and .ind.png and such. Read more about them in Reference Guide.

Mygod wrote:
I think anything should work like ind or such. Just modify the config.txt.
By the way it is NOT recommended to modify those files. To prevent conflicts with other addins, please use tect.xml and .ind.png and such. Read more about them in Reference Guide.

It's text not tect.

How to make that language pack via Gootool? And what is text.xml? where i can get that file in the game directory?

EDGE
WoG New Levels

Typo...
text.xml is a file in goomods. Go thrpugj the Reference Guide to get more information.

FlashGoo wrote:
How to make that language pack via Gootool? And what is text.xml? where i can get that file in the game directory?

Go to your (unmodified) game directory, then the folder "properties", then decrypt the file "text.xml.bin" using GooTool or WooGLE. It should make a new file called "text.xml.xml". Copy that file to your modded directory and open it in an editor. For each string, which looks something like this:
<string id="SOMETHING_LIKE_THIS" text="Text in English" de="Das Text in Deutsch" es="El text in español" ... />
Add a bit to the end, right before the  /> part, which looks like this: ind="Text in Indonesian". (Obviously replace the words with the actual Indonesian translation.)

Recompile when you're finished, into the modded directory.

Then when you set your language to "ind" it should show the Indonesian translation. Smile

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

HOw to make that file into goomod if I already finished that?

EDGE
WoG New Levels

Then is the annoying part. Open a new file called text.xml and copy/paste the whole thing into there. Then use a regex find and replace (which I think Notepad++ has) to delete all the es="...", de="...", fr="...", and so on. Put that in a ZIP file with an addin.xml, rename to goomod and you're good.

Mygod wrote:
Typo...
text.xml is a file in goomods. Go thrpugj the Reference Guide to get more information.

Arw uoi dr;ibeeatelu?

well I can't use colored fonts?

I've created the text.xml.xml, What should I do with that file?

Thw@nkZ f0r thwe inFroM@+1oN Laughing out loud

EDGE
WoG New Levels

Albino Pokey wrote:
Then is the annoying part. Open a new file called text.xml and copy/paste the whole thing into there. Then use a regex find and replace (which I think Notepad++ has) to delete all the es="...", de="...", fr="...", and so on. Put that in a ZIP file with an addin.xml, rename to goomod and you're good.

Have you already done this part?

Delete all de,es,fr, and replace...? What should replaced by ind code?

EDGE
WoG New Levels

Sorry, I was unclear.

Remove the de, es, fr, and so on.

Now each string should look something like <string id="SOMETHING_IN_CAPITALS" ind="Indonesian translation" />.

Then save that file, put it in the goomod, and upload it here. Smile

But if you don't save as an xsl file it will replace the original one.

wogfan wrote:

There's no need to use XSL. As of the Goomod 1.1 standard a file called text.xml in the addin root will be merged directly into the text.xml.bin file.

Albino Pokey wrote:
wogfan wrote:

There's no need to use XSL. As of the Goomod 1.1 standard a file called text.xml in the addin root will be merged directly into the text.xml.bin file.

Ah yes. I forgot it.

Someone should make a Pirate pack. Yarr, this here be the 7 seas of goo.

-_-