level leaders?

14 replies [Last post]

Hi. is here the leaderboard of best results of levels?
How can i upload my record of levels?

my Welcoming Unit record (2Chapter-4level): 91
screen: http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/5015/welcomingunitrecord.jpg
quote of a day: russians can broke everything.

ps.
can i add image directy in message?
what tag need for this?
and yes, im stupid russian n00b %|

thB
thB's picture
ContributorAddin AuthorKleptomaniacToo Much Free TimeSerious OCD

Go to the Leaderboards (in the menu on the right side) and look for the link "Upload your own!".
Unfortuanetly, you cannot insert images directly into messages.

my gooey profile | my video channel | author of Hazardous Environment

thanks.
about first qw: How can i see other records of levels?

thB
thB's picture

Just look through the profiles on the leaderboards. When you click on "See all profiles", you, well... see all profiles. There you can sort by various criteria (sorting by balls or play time might help in most cases). Smile

@davidc:
Wanted to talk to you about this for quite a while now, but never did...
Imo the leaderboards need some work done.
First: Bring back max goo top ten, add moves and time top ten. Less focus on just towers in general. (I guess I'm not the only one who frankly finds building towers relatively boring.) Tongue
Second: Add per-level (maybe even searchable) statistics (detail pages for all levels) with the top ten (or more) profiles for balls, moves, time respectively), a link to the already existing level detail page and maybe more profile-based info I can't think of right now.

In case these changes are welcome and time doesn't allow you to bring them to life, I'd like to help out with PHP/MySQL design here.

I second to everything that thb said. Top ten goos, moves, times!! Laughing out loud

@balalaika I don't mean any disrespect but 92 is the record on Welcoming Unit and almost anyone has got it.

My Gooish profile | Videos on YouTube | My WOG Mods

"and yes, im stupid russian n00b %|"

I didn't say that. I'm like russians! Smile

If you are interested at top scores by level, go to http://2dboy.com/forum/index.php/topic,1281.0.html

thB
thB's picture

Mh, Gil seems to be off again. Our Impale Sticky 50 didn't make it in the chart, yet. Not that I care... Tongue

thB these things have been planned (and coded my end) for a while now, unfortunately I am not able to influence the priority of this for Ron & Kyle Smile

If nothing happens again soon you are welcome to code it just based off the uploaded profiles instead.

davidc wrote:

unfortunately I am not able to influence the priority of this for Ron & Kyle

English isn't my native language so i don't really understand what did you say. Can repeat in different sentence?

[attempt at Simple English trancript follows:]
David did his part, Ron and Kyle did not, yet.
They don't care that much about it, and/or have other things to do.
David can't change that.

Wink

| Fly Her to the Moon (with Antigravity Goo) | Infinitive Windows Freezer (unlimited Goo playground) |

^ what XDboy said.

When the official leaderboards went down, I offered to host them, they agreed, I have everything ready my end, including links into goofans profiles and leaderboards, but I still need the data feed from the game (since it still posts to worldofgoo.com). This was supposed to be a big surprise, but it's been months now and I guess it's not going to happen.

thB
thB's picture

Ah, didn't think there was anything planned in connection with the official leaderboards (or involving 2D Boy in any way). My idea was to just extend the existing profile-based system.
Never saw the official leaderboards (just began to play too late), did they offer the functionality I proposed?

They were exactly what you said back there. All levels had their top 10 at max goo, least moves and least time.

Watch this video:

at 2:46 you can see the leaderboards. On the left you can see to 50 tallest towers. On the right you can see top 10 max goo of Going Up level... well first 7 of 10 are hacks Smile

@davidc I'm now seriously disappointed at Kyle and Ron, they really don't care about community Sad

thB wrote:
Never saw the official leaderboards (just began to play too late), did they offer the functionality I proposed?

Yeah, you were able to see top ten in most balls, least time, least move and 10 latest score for each level. There were also top 50 most goos overall and 50 highest towers. But the leaderboards were full of cheaters : the first legit player in most balls was like 25th.

I would like to see the leaderboards again with the online feature in-game. Even without it, it would be cool! Smile