Flash in World of Goo?

14 replies [Last post]

Is it posible to use flash movies,istead of movie.bintl and anim.bintl?

Crazeh man!

thB
thB's picture
ContributorAddin AuthorKleptomaniacToo Much Free TimeSerious OCD

No, unfortuanetly not.

my gooey profile | my video channel | author of Hazardous Environment

I mean in the new World of Goo2 project.I think they will use different application.I'm asking is it posible to insert flash movies into the WoG2 project?

Crazeh man!

thB
thB's picture

If you mean "the" WoG 2 project (the one that's currently being discussed here on goofans), that one's definitely based on the original WoG.
To support Flash, the game would have to be extended, so no Flash in fan-made WoG 2 either...
Let's all hope that the 2D Boys release the source some time. Smile

It sucks!It would be awesome,if WoG can support Flash,Flash is really cool!

Crazeh man!

How about you try to learn how to make a movie in WoG? It's more constructive than saying that no Flash support sucks. I think the 2D Boys try to stay away from proprietary extensions. The only one they use is irrKlang.

Author of World of Goo Portable. Download here!

WHERE DID YOU COME FROM thB?

Just a Good ol' ADMIN of WOGF.

Theme song:

thB
thB's picture

What do you mean by that?

Yeah,if i would be asked to make Flash movies,i could'nt,i will get a graphics tablet for my birthday,WoG drawn with mouse looks bad.

Crazeh man!

If 2dboy released the source they would loss a lot of customers as you could compile it your self.

iGoo

thB
thB's picture

Sure, but it's good practice with some "cool" developers (including e.g. id Software for games) to release their sources about 5 years after the original product release (under GPL or similiar licenses).
In general, that does of course not include artwork or other elements of the game/application.
So to actually play the game you'd still have to buy it.
Releasing sources just allows fans to go wild with their creativity, contribute even more to it, and eventually make the product even more popular.

Why can't they release a purchasable source code?It won't let them lose their customers.

Crazeh man!

Hmm... I guess it doesn't matter. WoG is already DRM free. But think of all the spinoffs that'll be using a good engine but crappy art/story.

Author of World of Goo Portable. Download here!

We're fairly certain World of Goo's animations and movies were originally created in Flash and then converted.

w00t!

Crazeh man!