WoG Art

13 replies [Last post]

I'm planning to make more costom Levels...

I need someone, who can help me makeing my own graphics for WoG.

The problem is, that Kyle Gabler has used Adobe Illustrator and this programm costs about 800$, and I don't want to pay that much.

Maybe here is someone, who is able to make the WoG Graphic styles on Gimp.
With Styels I mean:

- The Grabage Level style (but I don't need to learn this style, I've already made this style - Lokk at my level HardIncinerationDestination)
- The 'Normal' style (used in CH 1)
- The 'Fabric' style (Used in CH 3)
- The '8-Bits' style (Used in CH 4)

Maybe theres an Artist who knows how to make this styles in Gimp.
And maybe you can Post a tutorial or something like that Smile

That would be nice, thanks for all the answers!

matt

PS: I bet DaB answers the fist.

For making a custom goo, I can recolor stuff with 2 clicks in Photoshop (such as my launch goo's body, a recolored Ivy). For the "8-bits" it really uses the same greenish background and wall images slightly modified, so those should be easy enough to use.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

hehehhh no try to make one, you'll see, its not easy...

Try to make one? I meant tiny edits to all those ones from HelloWorld, BulletinBoardSystem, and Deliverance. Those should be good for pretty much anything with a few rotates and flips.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

problem is: its not always working with edits...

What program are you using?

gimp 2

use paint.net instead

I like Photoshop, that's what Kyle used (google "making art for world of goo")

Basically, everyone has their own preferences.
I use a combination of Blender and GIMP, although the results I get aren't really close to the "true" WOG style. Whatever works best for you.

Photoshop CS5 is simply awesome.

Come chat with us !
http://goofans.com/irc.php

Albino Pokey wrote:
I like Photoshop, that's what Kyle used (google "making art for world of goo")

errr.. i saw the video too, but it is Adobe Illustrator... look at the first comment of me ...

Quote:
The problem is, that Kyle Gabler has used Adobe Illustrator and this programm costs about 800$, and I don't want to pay that much.

No, I followed that video in Photohop to create the c2 map of WoG:AP.

hmmm okey... so you mean, a good program would be photoshop?

I haven't used this program ever, but I'll download it now, if it's free...