laobubu's level goomod Maker

11 replies [Last post]

The description of Economic Devide2 caught my attention.

laobubu created a tool that turns WoG levels (created with WOG Editor) into goomods!
The level goomod Maker
It's a preview (alpha) version, but to convert simple levels it's good enough.

I had a bit of trouble creating my first functional goomod with it, though:
My WOG Editor works in the custom WoG directory that GooTool created, so i pointed Goomod Maker to that directory, too, so it can "see" the levels.

When i converted a level with Goomod Maker, that worked fine in WOG Editor before, it crashed the game, when i installed the goomod of it.

so i deinstalled the goomod, and it worked again via WOG Editor.
the next time i made a copy of the level folder, and deleted the "real" level folder after converting, installed the goomod, and it worked!

so the question is, why doesn't overwriting the level directory work? it should overwrite it with the same data anyway!? (and if thats a GooTool or Goomod Maker problem.)

@laobubu
I hope you don't mind, that i created this thread. Thanks for making the goomod Maker. If you're currently making a new version, i have a couple of suggestions... ^^

edit: whoops, did i lock this accidentally, or did somebody else?

| Fly Her to the Moon (with Antigravity Goo) | Infinitive Windows Freezer (unlimited Goo playground) |

I'll make new version later. Smile

is the goomod maker in chinese or english? Smile

Crazeh man!

OK. Smile
and do you have any idea what could have gone wrong, when i tried to overwrite the level with "your" goomod?

Another problem are signs, because WOG Editor don't let you save a sign with a string ID that doesn't exist.
so you have to edit the xml afterwards anyway. or is there a workaround?

edit: @Joris
it's in engrish. Wink

| Fly Her to the Moon (with Antigravity Goo) | Infinitive Windows Freezer (unlimited Goo playground) |

please answer my question.

Crazeh man!

it crashed my game Sad what should i do

Crazeh man!

read the first post.

what should i do if i don't want a sing post?

Crazeh man!

XDboy wrote:

When i converted a level with Goomod Maker, that worked fine in WOG Editor before, it crashed the game, when i installed the goomod of it.

so i deinstalled the goomod, and it worked again via WOG Editor.
the next time i made a copy of the level folder, and deleted the "real" level folder after converting, installed the goomod, and it worked!

did'nt help. Sad

EDIT:Readed carefully this time and did'nt realised that i did it wrong.what folder did i have to convert?the "real" one or the copied one?

Crazeh man!

if you have installed the goomod before, deinstall the goomod.

you convert the real folder,
and then delete it.
if you install the new goomod now, it *should* create the folder again and work.

if it's still not working, then you have another problem.