Modding the World of Goo betas

53 replies [Last post]

It seems like the geometry is just one big block shaped like the level, vertexes defining each point.

Uh....what do I put in here?...

Nick Faro wrote:
It seems like the geometry is just one big block shaped like the level, vertexes defining each point.

Oh that seems what I would have done, until I realized it would be easier to just have many shapes.

Is it possible to have that sort of geometry in new WoG?

I don't beleive so. I think this means the auto port utility would be a failure because it can't port geometry.

Nick Faro wrote:
I don't beleive so. I think this means the auto port utility would be a failure because it can't port geometry.

Oh, you created a utility? Post the source.

Enchanter wrote:
Post the source.

Or just the program...

MOM4Evr wrote:
Enchanter wrote:
Post the source.

Or just the program...

He said it wouldn't be able to make the certain geometry. I meant what I said. The source could help us figure it out.

My port utility? It's not even done! Tongue

Nick Faro wrote:
My port utility? It's not even done! Tongue

Yes, but what language is it made in?

It's a batch program.

Nick Faro wrote:
It's a batch program.

Oh . . . post the source. I have (some) experience with DOS commands. Batch files are easy.

They are aren't they. Basically the thing is just find and replaces. I'll upload it in a second.

Nick Faro wrote:
They are aren't they. Basically the thing is just find and replaces. I'll upload it in a second.

Just copy the text into a ""

Aw I had more done than this, but I guess it got deleted?

@echo off
echo This is the goofans porting utility. It is for porting WOOGLE levels to BETA format.
echo Input the name of your level folder.

set INPUT=
set /P INPUT=Type input: %LevelFolder%
change res\levels\%LevelFolder%\%LevelFolder%.xml "

Nick Faro wrote:
Aw I had more done than this, but I guess it got deleted?

@echo off
echo This is the goofans porting utility. It is for porting WOOGLE levels to BETA format.
echo Input the name of your level folder.

set INPUT=
set /P INPUT=Type input: %LevelFolder%
change res\levels\%LevelFolder%\%LevelFolder%.xml "

This doesn't help me at all. This is just the makings of a GUI and one variable defined. You don't have anything done.

Like I SAID EARLIER I didn't have much done. And this isn't all of it anyway. There was some more that got deleted.

WELL, OBVIOUSLY, WE HAVE A LIAR, IN LINCOLN PARK!!

Sorry wanted to do that, but use an easier language for this. I could probably do this and a GUI in around 30-60 minutes.

Wow, really? How could you translate blocks into points?

Enchanter wrote:
WELL, OBVIOUSLY, WE HAVE A LIAR, IN LINCOLN PARK!!

Sorry wanted to do that, but use an easier language for this. I could probably do this and a GUI in around 30-60 minutes.

Then do it. Wink

Maybe add a point on each rectangle corner and hope for the best. Wink

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

In fact, that would probably do the job. WooGLE doesn't actually tell the goo what corners there are, does it? It just says "rectangle is here, and here's how big it is"

Taking a look at things, it would be hard if not impossible to create a geometry in modern WoG with just vertexes.

And I realize now that there is a big difference once I actually look at the code. :Cool Sorry.

60 minutes eh? I got a level working by taking the image i drew in paint.net and putting my cursor over a place i wanted a vertex. I then skillfully plotted the coodinates into the xml. HURRAY

Nice! You could also add an image of a circle or something and having it plot once at each corner, run, screenshot, and make the image from that. That's what I'm doing.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.