Custom Real-Life Backgrounds

12 replies [Last post]

I'm new to the site, and been making levels for a while, but I'm having problems.
Sad Every time I try to insert a real world background into the level editor, my Gooballs just myteriously die or dissapear and I can't use them!! Shock Sad(

Does anyone have any ideas as to what's happening?!?

Puzzled

For those wondering, Earth of Goo is still being worked on, but not as often. It will be finished! Check out my website/YouTube www.scarletfury.com !

After you insert the background, are you making sure that the scenelayer has the proper depth? If it's too close, it'll block the view of Goo Balls, pipes, and such.

Sorry it took so long to respond I was busy. I even tried it at depth -100 but my goo still myteriously die or can't be seen!! Sad

For those wondering, Earth of Goo is still being worked on, but not as often. It will be finished! Check out my website/YouTube www.scarletfury.com !

Any ideas as to what's wrong? If I can't get it I guess I can just work on other levels or maybe my computer has a glitch and it will work later, I don't know... Sad o_O:-\

Do you actually see the goos at the beginning of the level?

Check out my SoundCloud, MomoSoundWaves

No it's weird they just dissapear!...( sigh)

Hmmm...

I had EXACTLY the same problem, in the level Zero G, when I tried to add a Pokey. It was actually not because of the Pokey, but because of a strangely-placed Line. Make sure the tiny blue notches on the lines all point towards the Goo Balls, not away.

If that doesn't work, try turning on Visual Debug and playing it again.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Um, just wondering AP which lines you're talking about? The Border lines on the edge of the level that detach or th e geom lines? o_O

You should have no other lines than the lines on the edges of the level. If there are any other actual lines, delete them. (I mean actual line elements in the scene tab, not the segments that form rectangles or anything)

Thats probably it, a line is infinitely "filled" on one side so if it were to be misplaced, all the goos and non-static geom on the wrong side would disappear.

Yes!!!!! That was it! The line on the cieling was faced away from the level causing the gooballs to vanish!!! It works now! Thanks everyone for all your help!! Smile :)Smile:)Laughing out loud :D Big smile !!!

That's what we're here for! Looking foward to your level!

EXACTLY like the problem with Zero G! Laughing out loud

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.