Questions For Albino Pokey and others

6 replies [Last post]

Hey Albino could you please check your e-mail? I asked some questions there recently. But if not here the questions are:

1. I'm trying to edit the first intro movie at the beginning of my custom goo game with modded chapters that I've started with help from you and was wondering if I can get the 2dBoy Logo movie to play my movies after it. I have Goovie but it isn't sending it to the directory I want so I can't edit the one I want which is the one you told me to copy to my desktop. How can I do this?

2.Can you replace World Of Goo Corporation with an island full of levels by editing it in the editor and editing the xml files?

3. Using the WooBLE Gooball editor I'm trying to make rocket gooballs using the thrust attribute that when attached to a structure they can rocket it up and make it fly whatever direction you attach them (Please no one steal this idea!) but I can't seem to get it to work, currently the Rocket Goos are acting wierd, like they are really stuck in air or something and it takes a lot of force with your mouse after you click on them to move them around and I don't see the thruster flame coming out of them anywhere and the goos aren't thrusting the structures any directions when they are attached. Help?

Thanks for any ideas!

For those wondering, Earth of Goo is still being worked on, but not as often. It will be finished! Check out my website/YouTube www.scarletfury.com !

got some questions:

1. How many strand do your rocketballs have?
  2. What value for thrust are you using?

As for the particles: Add particles to your ball with paticleeffect: "thruster" and state: "attached"

Maybe you can check out the settings I used for thruster-balls in keep on running.

My rocket balls have 2 strands and I'm using positive 7 for the thrust value, should that be negitive 7? Okay I'll do the particle effect, maybe it will help me figure out other problems!

For those wondering, Earth of Goo is still being worked on, but not as often. It will be finished! Check out my website/YouTube www.scarletfury.com !

If you want them to pull, the value should be negative. And 7 is kind of low in a gravity field of 10.
Have you read the balls.xml page, especially the movement part. A value of 7.5 will make a mass of 30 weightless in a gravity field of 10.

Okay here's the part I don't get: Pull and Push does push mean it pushes the structure down or?... and Pull means it can pull it up?...

I recommend you to read the balls xml page.
http://goofans.com/developers/game-file-formats/balls-xml#movement
There can be found this image: http://goofans.com/sites/default/files/thrust1.jpg, which explains what push and pull means.Wink

OKAY NOW I GET IT!!! I'll try those things and let you know but first I have to do schoolwork... :/ Sad