Another MAPWORLDVIEW PROBLEM!!!

12 replies [Last post]

Okay, sorry to ask, but I've been re designing the mapworldview again since the name of my game changed and when opening the xml resource files and inserting the new images in as tagged for example, when I try to open the level in the level editor to see where it's placed so I can edit it and such then type it into the .xml BUT i keep getting this error:

Xml Parse Error: Not well formed: (invalid token): line 6, column 114 in file MapWorldView.resrc.bin

WHAT IS WRONG? is it the new images or is something else in the .xml file for the resources wrong?

EDIT!: The actual files and MapWorldView level work perfectly when I run the game on it's own!! So it won't open in the level editor only! So... is it a glitch in the editor???!!?!?

For those wondering, Earth of Goo is still being worked on, but not as often. It will be finished! Check out my website/YouTube www.scarletfury.com !

It's the images. I don't think you should mess around with the xmls on their own. The editor edits the resrc.bin file for you, so I suggest you do everything you need to do straight in there.

You may have just put in an improper value into the xml, but it's good to try again without changing the xml.

^^ What he said. Sometimes the editor can be more picky about XML formatting, while the game will just toss any malformed XML tags. There most likely IS a problem, if you look carefully through the XML, but it may or may not be easy to find.

If you open the file in Dreamweaver or something it will show you the problem. I think Notepad++ does too.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Okay I will try that, because it still works in the game but not in the editor.

EDIT: What is the difference between regular notepad and notepad++? Because I think I have just notepad regular. Also, my dreamweaver dosn't work so I can't check in that! Sad

For those wondering, Earth of Goo is still being worked on, but not as often. It will be finished! Check out my website/YouTube www.scarletfury.com !

Notepad ++ is much better. For one thing, it doesn't add 3 extra carriage returns every time you save. It's free.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Notepad++ is in no way related to Notepad at all. It's a different text editor made by a different person. And it's way better.

Okay! Where can i get it? I know I can google it too, but when I've tried to download it it takes too long for my glitchy internet which only lasts about an hour max!

Notepad++ is usually used for code and syntax-highlighting. It would definitely help you find your problem.

Okay but what button do I push now that I opened the file in notepad++ to check the problems?

Turn on syntax highlighting.

How do I turn that on? Where is the button for that?