Possible way to hack zoom?

6 replies [Last post]

When I quite recently played dan250's level, I realised that not being able to control your zoom could be a pain. I noted the value of the camera endzoom on "going up" then searched the value in a cheat engine kind of program in order to modify it, but to no avail. Has anyone tried this before, does anyone know what kind of value the zoom would be expressed in, and is the adress for the zoom value (if it exists) the same for all levels at all times? I figured if this could be done, I could somehow make a program that runs alongside world of goo in the way the world of goo sound hack works.

Check out my SoundCloud, MomoSoundWaves

I'd guess it would be in the same place, but I don't know. Someone should test that.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

I should ask david how he made his hack.

If someone manages to figure this out, it should be controllable with the mouse wheel. I don't recall it being used for anything else.

Of course, that might be construed as cheating, as it would mean a small mouse movement could move a Goo Ball all the way across the level. And on forced-scrolling levels like PeterB's it would make them useless.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Meh, no biggie, the iPhone has pinch to zoom so what's the difference? The mouse wheel is used, but it is just for going up and down, so we could use it.

True. Good point there.