Adding a new Chapter

9 replies [Last post]

So, I know this discussion was made many times before, but I just got a new idea to add a Chapter. You see, in any island.xml, There is 1 <island> tag along with many <level> tags. It is possible to add new levels inside this island.xml, this has been done many times. My idea is: Why not try adding more <island> tags within an existing island.xml, since, as far as I know, only the declaration of each island.xml is hard coded, but not what it contains, because that would defeat the point of having these island.xml-s in the first place. There is however one problem with this: if the <island> tag exists, why create 5 different island.xml-s to declare each island??? Since I don't have immediate access to my computer can you guys test this out? I'm sure it could be interesting in some way...

Check out my SoundCloud, MomoSoundWaves

So far, I haven't managed to gt the game to understand a file with more than one island tag. But I may be missing something important.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Hmmm, so had you tried this before? I think the MapWorldView should have that extra button just like extra buttons are needed in a level for each new <level> tag.

I did, when I was first experimenting with WoG Editor and trying to make a map for AP. My first idea involved a button in Island5 leading to a custom MapWorldView with five islands. Then I realized that you can't just set up an lb_ for any level, you need to use an island file. Tongue

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Yeah, just point it to the island.xml you used, or am I misunderstanding this?

This is an interesting idea. If I find the time I'll check it out.

There is one rule for XML file: There must be only one root element. (In island?.xml, the root element is <island>)
So I have never tried this. But I don't think it will work.

Are you sure about this?

Mygod wrote:
So I have never tried this.

I'd take that as a no.

Yeah, I wasn't certain of what he meant by that.