Fade glitch

13 replies [Last post]

I don't understand - I'm working on creation of Beta 2 of the goo giant plant and I got a shade in the level which divides the space and the atmosphere in two but for a reason in the game it shows it differently (Basically shows a black block instead of shade that goes from black to invisible.) so what's the problem?! (By the way I opened shade's properties all over so you can find out where is the problem)

Moved to Mods and Hacks.

How is the shade made? Is it a massive image including both space and the atmosphere, with a fade between them? And if so, what format is it in?

Maybe you should upload the addin and give a link so I (and maybe other mods) can check it out.

I cannot upload the addin because it's a level from Beta 2 of the goo giant plant - the image is taken from island 2 end video - res/movie/generic_

You can upload the addin, I won't publish it, just see what's wrong with the level.

By the way I don't know which image you're talking about: what's the file name?

Ehre I wrote 'shade' is image that shows the level on Woogle and properly shows the shade but where I wrote 'differently' it shows the image on Wog improperly of how the shade should look so basically I'm talking about BOTH images but the glitch one is the one that come with word 'differently'.

By the way some other mod can make it published but I'll tell em to not to - I'll upload the addin, request it to be published for you to see and you find the problem - deal.

I got something fishy feeling that there is something deal with colorize - do I need to edit it or leave it as it is?

Here is the link.

You didn't need to request publishing for it, just give me the link Tongue That way it won't come up in the publishing queue and other mods won't think you want it published. But you said it in the description and I removed it from the queue anyway, so it's fine.

I'll check it out later today and see if I can find the trouble.

If you do then tell me even if It's complicated and not solve it, put it in and leave it like that... But actually - you better make changes in the addin and inform me. Then I'll install my own addin that was changed by you and so I'll be able to put the new level in my merged addin - if you don't get the point of what I mean then tell me.

Right, I figured it out. The problem is that in WoG, the depth of SceneLayers effects not only which goes above which, but it changes their position in relation to the camera. The problem was that because it had a depth of -500, your space background moved around, and the fader was on -10 which also made it move around. The mixture of these two caused the fader to overlap the space background in-game, effectively hiding it, even though it looked all right in the editor.

The way I fixed it was by giving both SceneLayers a depth of 0, and positioning them so that they just touched each other. (If they overlap each other they form a black line, although this can be fixed by setting both of their alpha values to 1, instead of 0.96.) Here's the result.

For your level this works, since you haven't got anything of importance between -500 and 0, but this wouldn't be the ideal fix in most cases. What I would recommend instead is to simply merge your background with the fader image into one file, that way you can set it on any depth you want.

Most levels don't have this problem because the background only consists of one image, so it can move around as much as it likes.
I've uploaded my goomod with the fix in your addin page, so you can download it there. I recommend that you do the latter fix stated above and make them into one image, but that's up to you.

Thanks for fixing - I cannot put the images on alpha 1 because the images where are the platforms will be invisible because the background and the platform images are both black so you cannot see them - that's why I have 0.96 alpha.

puggsoy wrote:
For your level this works, since you haven't got anything of importance between -500 and 0, but this wouldn't be the ideal fix in most cases. What I would recommend instead is to simply merge your background with the fader image into one file, that way you can set it on any depth you want.

Umm... good idea but as you already fixed it doesn't matter, does it?

Well, if you wanted to move the background, or otherwise manipulate it, you would have to move both of the SceneLayers, and position them until they just touch again, otherwise you'll get the black line I mentioned earlier. Also, any object with a depth lower than 0, the background would overlap it.

Making it one image allows you to work with it normally. It's not necessary, as I said it's your choice, it's just that I would personally do it for the above reasons.

You could use the space/atmosphere images from Another Planet, I think there's a blue sky one in there somewhere.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Good idea, guys... But I already made my decision - I'll take the thing you said, puggsoy and make shade with the space image toghether because It's gona be complicated that I'll need to change all that stuff - even if it's not then I'll anyway put images toghether in one image - puggsoy you can delete the addin.

Deleted.

Anyway, good luck then! Looking forward to playing this level in the full version Wink

Actually in Beta 2 cause either - The full demo is gona be ready - I dunnomay be after 3 months? And then only I'll start getting on full version.