Why I can't set a ball's @spawn to it's id?

19 replies [Last post]

WooBLE didn't allow me to do that, it said this will cause game crash and I can't test the gooball (I used WoGM instead Laughing out loud ), but I tested and find that it won't make the game crash. So why it said that?
P.S.: I used it and my WoG Corp has 3000 balls now! Tongue

If A spawns B and B spawns A, that causes a crash when the level loads. WoG loads A and sees that it needs to load B, then it loads B and sees that it needs to load A, ad infinitum. I imagine the code which checks for a loop like this also caught your self-spawner by accident, and it hasn't been fixed because nobody has tried this before.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Albino Pokey wrote:
If A spawns B and B spawns A, that causes a crash when the level loads. WoG loads A and sees that it needs to load B, then it loads B and sees that it needs to load A, ad infinitum. I imagine the code which checks for a loop like this also caught your self-spawner by accident, and it hasn't been fixed because nobody has tried this before.

I mean A spawns A. And it's dispenser, not buster.

Well that should be fine. I guess it's a bug then.

Mygod wrote:

It's strange. I put it in my level and the game didn't crash, but after I add a ball which has "undetachable" voice in the level and the game crashes. I have no idea.

wogfan wrote:
Albino Pokey wrote:

Yes, and that's apparently fine. But I doubt anyone's tried A spawning A before, so the code which prevents loops doesn't make an exception for it.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Albino Pokey wrote:
wogfan wrote:
Albino Pokey wrote:

Yes, and that's apparently fine. But I doubt anyone's tried A spawning A before, so the code which prevents loops doesn't make an exception for it.

I think the game preloads the gooball's resources, and maybe WooBLE maker think the game will preloads it forever and it cause a loop. So WooBLE didn't allow me to do that.
Well, is all moderators can publish my Undetachable, or just the one who recieved the email?

wogfan wrote:
Well, is all moderators can publish my Undetachable, or just the one who recieved the email?

Well, you haven't requested for that addin to be published yet, so it's not even in the queue. Once you request, an email goes out to all the moderators.

MOM4Evr wrote:
wogfan wrote:

Well, you haven't requested for that addin to be published yet, so it's not even in the queue. Once you request, an email goes out to all the moderators.

WHAT!? I always think the addin will automatically request to be published once I upload the file.

No indeed. You have to request for it to be published, otherwise we'll never see it.

MOM4Evr wrote:
No indeed. You have to request for it to be published, otherwise we'll never see it.

OK. I requested.

wogfan wrote:
Mygod wrote:

It's strange. I put it in my level and the game didn't crash, but after I add a ball which has "undetachable" voice in the level and the game crashes. I have no idea.
What do you mean by "undetachable" voice?

Albino Pokey wrote:
wogfan wrote:
Albino Pokey wrote:

If you create a ball that spawns a large amount of balls, you will find that it takes significantly longer to load the level. So I think the game will create all the goo balls that will be spawned before the level begins in order to improve performance. And that's why it's not allowed to have a ball spawn itself or spawn other balls that can spawn itself directly or indirectly.

Mygod wrote:
wogfan wrote:
Mygod wrote:

Albino Pokey wrote:
wogfan wrote:
Albino Pokey wrote:

If you create a ball that spawns a large amount of balls, you will find that it takes significantly longer to load the level. So I think the game will create all the goo balls that will be spawned before the level begins in order to improve performance. And that's why it's not allowed to have a ball spawn itself or spawn other balls that can spawn itself directly or indirectly.

Mygod, can you teach me how I can change the resolution(or maybe the game's stretching) in QQ? It's terrible for me to play WOG with the stretched picture.
Thanks! Smile

eeee

Mygod wrote:
wogfan wrote:
Mygod wrote:

You will know if you play Undetachable. Wink
Well, that gooball called wegfan_Undetachable and it's static, I set @decay to 0.001, but after the gooball died and the game crashed when I tried to pick up a gooball. The game won't crash if the gooball is dymatic.

@worldofgooballs
First, you are off-topic. Stare
Second, no. Based on your description in the other thread, I have no idea how to solve it. Sorry.

@wogfan
What do you mean?
1. You can pick up a goo ball that is dead already?
2. Are you trying to pick up a static goo ball? I don't think that's possible.
3. I thought @grumpy is a boolean (true-false) value. Why do you set it to 0.001?

Mygod wrote:
@worldofgooballs
First, you are off-topic. Stare
Second, no. Based on your description in the other thread, I have no idea how to solve it. Sorry.

@wogfan
What do you mean?
1. You can pick up a goo ball that is dead already?
2. Are you trying to pick up a static goo ball? I don't think that's possible.
3. I thought @grumpy is a boolean (true-false) value. Why do you set it to 0.001?

1. No. I don't pick up that ball. I picked others.
2. No.
3. Oops, it should be @decay.

Okay it makes more sense now.
Have you tried setting @decay to a larger value like 1 or 0.02 at least?

Mygod wrote:
Okay it makes more sense now.
Have you tried setting @decay to a larger value like 1 or 0.02 at least?

Yes, and the game still crashes.

The problem seems to be that you end up dragging a static Goo Ball. Tongue

Albino Pokey wrote:
The problem seems to be that you end up dragging a static Goo Ball. Tongue

But I set that ball outside the level scene and I can't see it!