Flower Bug

5 replies [Last post]

Well, I want to see the last sign in Wog-Corp but my record tower is about 32 meters. I saw Peter B (the Googod) get to 71 meters with the flower glitch. I'm assuming this from the picture I found of his 71 meter "tower" http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/3447/71114.png. How is this done?

Yes, this is my 100% genuine post.

You basically stack a bunch of gooballs onto each other, and it can randomly thrust into the air after a little bit.

You'll also get a cheater badge if you upload something like that, but since leaderboards are down, not too much of a worry right now. Smile

Oh, and for specifics on the bug, see: http://goofans.com/download/level/bug-school-2

Well, the problem is that the flower launches before I have more than 50 goos on it. Is the initial launch the only time I can hope to fly high?

I thought i already answered that. Are you not the John Merkowsky who also emailed me about the flower bug. I wrote -

"I presume your the 'GooBrain' at goofans.
Thwacking that high would be impossible. But the flower bug is pretty easy. Just do this -

Put on as many as you can (the most i did was 125 but less will do). Its very easy to set it off shaking early if your too quick putting them on, so do it carefully. When you think you've put on enough exit wogcorp, then go and make a copy of the pers2.dat save. On Windows 7 its here - C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\2DBoy\WorldOfGoo The copy is so you can have as many goes as you want. When you go back in wogcorp it'll start shaking and hopefully throw a bit high in the air. The highest i've ever got is 84.277. See if you can beat that. :)"
_______

I should add to this by saying that its possible to close WOG without it saving the "tower" and not have to paste the pers2 all the time. When it fails, instead of clicking exit just press the necessary keys to bring up the task manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc / Ctrl+Alt+Del) and the game will minimize, then go to Processes and End / delete the WorldOfGoo.exe. Then just start it up again.

Yes, I am John. However I had a couple of other questions later so I wrote them here. Thanks for replying though Peter B, you're awesome. Btw, a bit off topic but I downloaded chapter 6: Moon of goo and skipped most of the levels. I uninstalled it but I had lost my skips. Do I have to reinstall and beat it to win back my skips? That user already had all ocd's on original levels so I want to keep it. I can't beat chapter 6 tho, especially virus (any tips?).