iPad2 runs the "goo sandbox" level poorly now for some reason

6 replies [Last post]

Hi there,

Had this game for years now and played it plenty on my iPad. For some reason though recently when i go into the goo sandbox mode the frame rate drops to a terribly low rate.. i uninstalled the game as an extreme measure.. reinstalled it and found the problem is still there!

Note that the rest of the game plays fine. I have maybe 130 of 200 goes so far in the new install (had 200 in the previous) so I just don't know what to make of why this problem.

my iPad is fine, nothing wrong with it. As i said, it plays the rest of the levels fine.. its only as soon as it loads the sandbox level that the frames drop.. and continue throughout the time i'm in there.. the transition back to main menu is choppy as well till all goes black and then i return to the main menu and the problem clears up as the other levels and such play with solid frame rates.

any tips / advise would be welcome. did a patch recently come out for iOS version?

Thanks
Caleb

Check how many apps you have running in the background. Kill any you aren't using, and any you installed since it worked properly.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

yea that's a good point. i will test that out tomorrow and see if that helps. just very odd that it would act up only in that one sandbox mode, but perhaps it requires more memory than other levels do.

Thanks!
Caleb

The sandbox has many more Goo Balls than any other additional level, except for MOM's Computer when (ironically) you can spawn as many "applications" as you want.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Only thing with MOM's computer is that it's hard to stack them all, and the physics engine automagically puts inactive "windows" to sleep (Try the level with visualdebug on), so technically it should be near impossible to make it as resource-intensive as WOGCorp. Tower of Goo is the only level aside from WOGCorp that I've really noticed any lag in; dunno if it's noticeable on the iPad or not, though.

Super Fuse Challenge Time has the most goo balls in all original levels except WoGCorp. (more than 200)
So the iPad version decreased the difficulty of this level. OCD is only 18 balls.

By the way, MOM4Evr's words explained what @autodisable does. Thanks!

Oh, no problem. I always forget what's been documented and what hasn't...
You can also use autodisable on buildable Goo Balls if I recall correctly, but if there are Goo Balls on the structure, it'll keep moving enough to not diasable any of them, and if the structure disables, it'll re-enable if something touches it, so immovable Goo Ball structures are impossible, I'm afraid. It's quite fun to play around with, though.