Touchscreen use

3 replies [Last post]

Hi,
I recently bough a Windows 8 tablet, and first thing I did was to install WOG (steam version) to enjoy touching the Goos with my fingers.

But I was very disappointed: touch screen actually react exactly like the mouse version. It's almost impossible to play that way: touch a goo next to the screen border, and the screen will scroll until you touch the center again. Even the Goos can't be moved in a touch-and-move movement: I have to fist touch a Goo, then touch another location to place it.

I was wondering if there was a way to activate a touchscreen mode?
Googling about it only shows results about ipad and other devices version, not Windows.

Thx.

Hey there!

Windows 8 tablets are fairly new, and I'd imagine a lot of programs (games in particular) aren't built with touchscreen controls in mind as of yet. I haven't heard anything from 2DBoy about making a new version of World of Goo, and I suspect they probably won't. Sorry!

OK, I was just wondering if there was already a built-in option to change the behavior.

It's too bad there is no support for touch control, as WOG would be perfect supporting that behavior.

Thank you for your answer.

Maybe the Linux version supports it, seeing as the mouse controls were rewritten. But I don't know.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.