World of Goo crash and other problems

15 replies [Last post]

So this is what happened.

I opened Woogle aimlessly to do something. I opened up MapWorldView and I was wondering whether I could open Profiles or Credits from Woogle. (yeah I know it was a stupid idea) Seeing that I cant and there was no level exit I clicked the Exit button and I was back to Woggle.

After a few minutes I decided to mess around in WoG but after the loading screen was gone it crashed giving me an error. I thought this was something related to Woggle and than I added a level exit on the level and required number of balls. As soon as it reached the required ball it also crashed giving me (the same as the WoG crash maybe) an error.

So now World of Goo wont open. I cant show the error now as windows trys to find a solution.

PS. Before I entered Woogle I played WoG just a few minutes before and was working properly. After I clicked the exit button on the MapWorldView it started to crash.

PS2. I have the latest version of Woggle.

My Profile

Well... You should never change WorldMapView for fun. (that's for making chapters)
Easiest way to fix your problem: reinstall the game.
Or you can try to remove everything you added to MapWorldView.

If I reinstall the game will my pers2.dat be deleted?

If so will backing up than reinstall and than restorring work?

My Profile

naveed_rizvi wrote:
If I reinstall the game will my pers2.dat be deleted?

If so will backing up than reinstall and than restorring work?

I guess not but it's better to be safe than sorry. Backing up and restoring pers2.dat work absolutely.

You should have two copies of the game if you use GooTool. Copy the MapWorldView folder from the one you didn't edit to the one you did.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

So another commotion happened.

So I uninstalled WoG which removed everything as well as the setup. Since I have two copies of the game (like you said above) I tested the second WoG and it worked now. Problem was gootool said I don't have java and something about not finding something.

So had to reinstall gootool, had to download java (even though it was in my computer already) and now it works. I only have one copy of the game now so if I mess up again it will be my last.(Edit: Okay found out I had 3 copies of WoG and I have 2 left now. Tongue)

About the MapWorldView, I didn't add anything on it. It was in my customized level so I could test it without adding anything. Than I clicked Exit and it started to mess up.

One more thing, now that I use my second copy of WoG, Woggle shows me custom made levels from goofans. It wasn't there when everything was okay. (Gootool used to save my levels on my second folder of WoG but I changed it few months ago and set it on the third. So is woggle getting the levels from the second folder because I'm using the second copy of WoG? If so how can I make woogle find the levels at my third folder?)

My Profile

GooTool's process for building your custom WoG is something like this:
- Copy all the files from vanilla WoG onto the custom folder. Replace files that conflict.
- Go through each enabled goomod and apply those files to the custom folder, replacing files that conflict.

So if a goomod added custom files, such as level.xml.bin and so on for a new level, GooTool never removes those. That's why you still see them in WooGLE. Wink

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Okay now WoG is thinking the level 'Goofans' is still in gootool and I can play that custom level. Problem is I installed that level months ago and I dont have it installed or enabled in gootool. So how did this level get into WoG without gootool?

My Profile

GooTool doesn't actually remove custom levels when you uninstall them; it only hides them in game. It's strange, but that's how it works. If you install a level, it's there forever.

So why am I seeing a hidden level? I mean I completed the level got OCD and everything so shouldn't it be invisible?

My Profile

Are you seeing it inside the actual game? I thought you just saw the level name inside WooGLE.

It it's in the game.

Edit: So this is what happened after I installed and enabled the level.

My Profile

Edit: Figured out the problem 27 seconds later. I just had mygod's Fire and Earthquake on in gootool. Tongue Ignore the text below as it's solved.

So another problem happened.

Now I went to MOM's Comptuer level in Woggle to make a level. My idea was to use MOM's button as the level exit of my level. So I changed the text in MOM writing to "So you are stuck on this level? Let MOM help you." But while I was working I messed up something and had to delete the level from my computer. So I went to MOM's Computer on WoG to check something and when I clicked on MOM it now says "So you are stuck on this level? Let MOM help you." instead of "MOM has gone away." How do I fix this?

PS. I deleted the custom level and folder so I cant do anything from there.

PS 2. WoG is working properly and I can finish MOM normally just I want to change the text in MOM back to normal.

My Profile

Since I posted a few questions here I'll post one for a level.

Currently I'm making (or remaking) a MOM based level.

I didn't do much of anything and my level is almost complete.

I have 3 questions. First, How do I make an area undiscovered? (meaning I cant look at that place unless I have a structure near.)

Second, How do I add the signpost in strings? I cant seem to put it there and without it the sign wont have any text.

Third, How can I change the text in MOM when I click the button? (its not that important though, I could continue with "MOM has gone away".)

Very sorry for the triple post. Sad

My Profile

1) Autobounds=true in the level root.
2) Add Text Resource, then Add Signpost.
3) Add Text Resource, name it whatever MOM's text is, then WooGLE will overwrite the one in the game when you save.

I still can see the area. I want the upper part of the level to be undiscovered.

I don't think I'll change the text in MOM. Its basically to show you guys a trick.

My Profile