Copy savegame to another android device

4 replies [Last post]

Hi,

I wish to copy my savegame from an android phone to an android tablet.
Thanks to this guide

http://polygonsandpixels.com/2012/08/27/backing-up-androids-world-of-goo...

I managed to get the save game file from the android phone, however now I cannot put it into the /data/data folder on my android tablet because I do not have write permission. How can I do that?

I do not want to replay all the game.. thanks!

I haven't used an Android device before, but that looks like a UNIX shell. Try chmod a+rwx [whatever directory you want to get permission for] to give everyone all permissions on it, if it fails try sudo chmod a+rwx [directory].

Taking off the "wx" part will give you permission to list the directories first before you do the other stuff.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Hmm, "sudo" may be Linux-only. Not sure how similar Android operates...
But if you don't have write permission, you need admin privileges, which a default user on the tablet wouldn't have. You may need to root your tablet. I don't know much about Android, however, so I can't help you much there. I may even be entirely incorrect in this.

Hi,

thank you for the reply. Unfortunately, the command does not work. chmod exist, but if I use it I get a "bad mode" message. Moreover, sudo is not a valid command.

I have played other games on Android for which the savegame files were put in an accessible folder such that I can backup them. I do not understand why this game (which is very beautiful) wrote the save game files in a root folder that I cannot access...

Any suggestion is welcome!

"Bad mode"? Maybe it only supports the old format. Try chmod -Rvf 888 [directory] and see what happens.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.