old WoG levels

10 replies [Last post]

Hey guys. I was wondering if there was still a version of Wog beta floating around, cos I saw some new levels in one of the WoG trailers and I wanna play them Wink

- Jim2102

By "WOG Beta", do you mean the game back when it was being developed still?

Cause that'd be here: http://2dboy.com/category/prototypes/ (See the "World of Goo wasn't built in a day" posts)

Yeah. See these two videos and youll know what im talking about. Look at the first one, and pause at 0:10. As you can see there is a cactus chapter, and somekind of volcano chapter. The second one is just some old levels

Oh and I found another video

you can definatly see the chapters, and at the top it says preview release 1.17. Thats the version i want to get

Yeah, I don't think those were ever publicly released. Though as you can see from the articles I linked, the game definitely went through a whole bunch of design iterations. The other chapters were probably part of that. My guess is that they still included the same levels (in earlier stages of production of course), just looked different on the world map. The world map changes were most likely made to make the whole game feel more unified as the final plot came together.

Hmm... BTW I found a download for the tog realese which was the first WoG. It was so weird, but it had some of the old levels so im gonna try to remake them. only problem is when i finish the fourth level the game crashes.

Also in video #2 at 0:22 that level looks interesting. it looks like the goos are in a pirate ship or something. And the level at 0:46 looks like grey upper shaft, only you dont have to explode the Saftey transport unit #306286917, you just have to lower it to the pipe.

Wait I just thought of something, could those levels be in the wii version? It is possible and I have a wii

No, the Wii version is the same as the PC version, as far as I'm aware.

As far as old levels go, have a look at http://goofans.com/download/level-pack/birthday-nostalgia . This one has a bunch of 'em. Not all of them, but quite a few.

I should probably give the older levels another go sometime. Now that I know how to edit my registery so I can get past all the crashes...

Nice.

I might try to remake that pirate ship level

@MOM4Evr

Do you know if they still have a WoG Beta/Preview release floating around? Cos I just found another video with that wooden cave level.

Nope, as far as I know, that was just a closed beta.

Hmm... Its possible that wooden cave level is in Tog. I'll have a look and see.

Dude I'm so lucky. For some reason 2dboy.com is down and I can't download tog, but its in my download folder so I'm picky Laughing out loud