mc.goofans: Griefer(s)?

14 replies [Last post]

I recently built a track to go from spawn to my home. It seems now some of the track has gone missing, and some of the boosters which cost a lot to make! Please find who is responsible for this! Is it a griefer, or just a stupid noob?

Check out my SoundCloud, MomoSoundWaves

Someone griefed my base too, but it was weird: they placed like 20 blocks of white wool and some blank signposts in my mineshaft.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Yeah, this was really strange. We're not certain exactly who did it all, but we do know that one player (who's been on the server for months and has been a really nice guy for those months!) suddenly turned griefer the other day and started stealing stuff from chests. Makes me wonder if someone hacked his account or something. Anyway, if you find you're missing anything, let us know, and we'll /give it back to you. Also, since it's an open server, griefing probably will occur. If there's anything you want protected, catch a mod online and ask them to protect something of yours.
Sorry for the inconvenience, guys. I guess we'll just have to keep tighter tabs on people who join.

I also found some random wool in my trees with loads of drops there, someone had probably died there.

OK THIS IS GETTING ANNOYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I found blocks such as wool and jack-o-lanterns were missing. Do I really have to get all of my stuff protected??? Even if I did, there's not always a mod around, especially because I'm in a diffrent time zone Sad

momo1526 wrote:
Do I really have to get all of my stuff protected???

Yes, unfortunately. Your buildings far away from spawn shouldn't be that affected, right? So I'd recommend continuing to build way over there.
momo1526 wrote:
Even if I did, there's not always a mod around, especially because I'm in a diffrent time zone Sad

Yeah, time zones aren't really the issue, since people have different schedules, anyhow. But sorry we aren't ever on when you are. Sad

Maybe the mods could protect players, so that whatever they built in a non-protected area could be protected by them?

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Hmm, dunno if that would work with bukkit. Something to ask davidc about (If he ever comes back around...).

The plugin exists but I help other people build alot, maybe we could setup an option to turn block protection on/off

Maybe it has an option like "/blockprotection (status)" where (status) is "on" or "off"?

This could work! This would be for block protection.

I like the BigBrother one! The problem is, you would always need a mod online.

Maybe we could allow trusted users to use BigBrother.

Hey, the BigBrother one looks nice. And with the rollback command, you wouldn't need a mod online all the time, AP. You'd just need to know who did the griefing.

Now to catch davidc online...

And if trusted users could use it then you wouldn't even need to catch who griefed!

Now, do you know if there's a mod so you can tell who changed a certain block (placed/broke/whatever)?