mc.goofans.com: End of stream

17 replies [Last post]

I have been getting this error when I attempt to log in, has anyone had similar problems?

Check out my SoundCloud, MomoSoundWaves

Yeah, I get a socket operation timeout atm, maybe the server needs to be restarted.

I sent an email to david requesting to restart the server.

And now the duplicators don't work. Sad

I tried to duplicate stuff and it just broke.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Is the server updated?

Albino Pokey wrote:
And now the duplicators don't work. Sad

I tried to duplicate stuff and it just broke.

That's the 1.7_1 update for you.

Hee, hee, this is 1.7_2 Wink

The duplication bugs were actually fixed in 1.7_1 Wink

EDIT: Possibly 1.7

EDIT: Actually, we're on 1.7_3 right now.

Nope, dupe bug was fixed in 1.7.3. Look at notch and jeb's twitter (Specifically here) or minecraftwiki (here). Currently, the server is 1.7.2, so the bug is still there. (YAY!) Pistons were introduced in 1.7, so there's no way that the bug was already fixed then. Wink

YES! Please don't update, DavidC!

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

b-b-but.. Aww I'm all out of arguments. Tongue

Hmm, I think I tried duplication of wooden doors on multiplayer not long ago. I think it failed (cacti) during 1.7_2...

Right, that's a different glitch then what I was talking about. Sorry for the confusion.
This glitch is using a sticky piston on a really fast clock, and another piston on a slower clock to get an infinite number of any kind of block (aside from those that pistons can't push, of course).
But yes, I think that the door-with-cactus glitch was fixed in there someplace. I probably should look closer myself.

NOTE TO ALL: davidc thinks that the troubles everyone is having with logging on is directly due to using the piston duplication glitch. And davidc generally knows what he's talking about, so my best advice is that if you don't like not being able to log on, then stop using the dupe bug. Wink

How many duplicators are currently in existence?

Three less since I destroyed my triple one.

I think it was fixed in 1.7_3, but as you said, multiplayer is still running 1.7_2. In the update log for _3 Notch posted that chunks made corrupt with piston glitches (possibly unrelated. I think he meant pushing non-solids) would no longer be inaccessible in _3.

The glitch is gone from the server now. Sad

Please make sure you disassemble any machines relying on rapid-fire piston movement until this bug is fixed in the Minecraft server.

I can't connect server now. "Connection refused: connect".