GIF file failure

15 replies [Last post]

why won't my super mario gif image work? here is where i got it:
http://media.photobucket.com/image/super%20mario%20gif/dxplay2128/gif/8_...

i must be doing something wrong. what i did:
1. downloaded file
2. deleted old file
3. uploaded image
4. i see something that says, "image resized to 85 by 85"

it does not work.
puggsoy, you have gif image, what did i do wrong?

-_-

When the image is resized, is where the problem might be, I think. Re-upload with a smaller resolution.

i found a smaller one. i will do intill i find one slightly larger. puggsoy, can you please give me the link where you found your squid? i would really like that.

-_-

You want to use puggsoy's image? But...but.. that would mean TWO squids...

no, i just want to know where he got it, maybe there is a mario.

-_-

Maybe you could use his original. Tongue The Legendary Dancing Mario of the Goofans forums.

Doesn't anybody ever read my signature? I made it myself, using ripped game sprites from The Spriter's Resource.

First of all you should know (if you didn't already) that your profile pic can't be larger than 85x85.
But in my experience, resizing GIFs is a troublesome experience. I've only ever gotten 2 results, using various tools:

1) It looks good but the animation is lost.
2) The animation stays, but it's not the best quality.

Some of you might remember me talking about that Professor Layton GIF I resized, it looked blockier than the original size.
However, I will attempt to resize your rotating Mario to 85x85. There are possibly some methods that I haven't tried, or some improvements I could make to my previous methods. I'll give it a go, but give me some time.

@Red: When I saw Kirdneh's avatars I thought about bringing Dancing Mario back. I'll consider it Tongue

Thanks!!! i just get bored of the same ol' user picture.

-_-

Hm, strange. I used the resizing method that resulted in 2), but this time it worked perfectly, it looks great. Maybe my Professor Layton GIF was just too smooth Tongue

Anyway, here you go: https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-7Q3hbkTPddE/TtezPFZ1k1I/AAAAAAAAAdo/x...

Enjoy! Laughing out loud

<------ (no change in user pic)

ugh, this is so annoying!
i delete the old image.
i save.
i upload the new image.
i save.
i still have the old image as my default.

-_-

It's the new one...

Clear your cache.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

what, never mind. it just took a day to load.
Thanks everyone!

-_-

Yeah, it had to clear your cache, which takes a day or so by default. In Firefox, just do SHIFT + CTRL + R to do it straight away. Works every time Laughing out loud

Thanks puggsoy! I owe you!

-_-

Meh, 'twas nothing. Thank GIMP Wink