We Need New Mods

42 replies [Last post]

Did you try uninstalling gootool? Did you point gootool where WorldOfGoo.exe is? And last of all did you move the WorldOfGoo.exe to another folder?

My Profile

I'M A MAC USER
EDIT: Blank app screen is fixed, but the pop-up is still blank.
EDIT:NOT Tongue

I made goomods.

Back to the topic about needing new mods.
We need a mod that logs in here often.
Who do you think is responsible enough to be a new mod?

Hey there

Both me and Albino Pokey log in here almost every day. I test addins when I have time, and now that they can be published again they will be. Spam is being kept under control. I don't think we need new mods at all, considering the amount of activity right now, two is enough.

APc3 should be out tomorrow (for real this time), and after that I can get back to publishing addins.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

I can respect that guys. Break a leg out there!

Hey there

The only thing I can do with programming on Wog (well I used to be able to) is to merge levels. I so wanna learn how to make chapters, MWVs, WOG corporations, custom goos replaced by original ones etc. If AP has skype, may be he can teach me how to?

I don't really like Skype, but send me an email and we can work something out.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

First of all, MOM made a tutorial on how to make chapters, right here. It's difficult, yeah, but there's nothing we can do about that.

The rest of those things can be done by studying the references on the site, and fiddling around with the files yourself. I made my own chapter all by myself by doing just that, and it applies for any other kind of addin as well. Experiment, fail, learn from your mistakes, and try again. It takes time, effort, and patience, but in the end you'll know WoG modding like the back of your hand.

Of course, you could just ask one of us how to do it and we could give you a long winded explanation of exactly what to do. But AP and I are both quite busy at the moment, I have to go out of my way just to test addins. Besides, if we told you you'd get it done, but chances are you wouldn't exactly know why your addin works. If you do it yourself, you'll learn exactly how to do what, and can tweak it to perfection. Not to mention you'll be able to apply those skills to other addins.

Sorry if I seem a bit harsh, but I really think that this is the best way to make advanced addins. Sure it's hard, but who ever said it was easy?

EDIT: Agh, ninja'd by AP. I still think the above applies, though.

Since you mods are testing addins, I will wait for you to help me fix my goomod.

I made goomods.

Which one? I should have put a comment on it if I refused to publish.

I'm guessing launcher

I made goomods.