What did I miss?

9 replies [Last post]

Hey, guys! Gooflamer here! I haven't been here in almost a YEAR and am wondering what I have missed? Any new large developments, ways to get Gootool on steam, World of Goo 2, anything really. Also, if you see anybody named Goobomber on just about any website, that's me. So yeah. Nice to be back after a while. Also, has anybody used my Goobrids idea? Just curious.

AKA "Goobomber" practically everything else

T̶h̶e̶ G̶o̶o̶b̶r̶i̶d̶s̶:̶ C̶o̶m̶i̶n̶g̶ 's̶o̶o̶n̶' (̶V̶a̶l̶v̶e̶ T̶i̶e̶m̶)̶ ...if WoG 2 has modding support and I can remember what ideas I had a decade ago, maybe? No clue, I was like 12

Profile pic from Ne

Hi, Gooflamer! Various projects were created; some died, others were released. Other than that not much happened.

Personally, I released the first three chapters of Another Planet at last, download link in my sig. Laughing out loud

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

you pretty much missed nothing, expect that there's a fight going on in infernofans. The guys from the flipline forum are after me.

Hey there

I'm glad I don't go there anymore, it was overrun with spam and trolls.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Well, at inferno fans, the spam problem is handled, and the whole Flipline Forum shenanigan has been all but "extinguished."
pun.
It also seems that work on the editor is continuing steadily, but it may be a few months. Once it is cracked, the real work can begin.
BTW, welcome back, gooflamer!

-_-

Hiya Gooflamer! Yeah, everyone pretty much said everything.

About your idea for GooTool for Steam... that is a pretty interesting idea. It would be cool to have some sort of Steam Workshop feature using WooGLE and GooTool, but of course that would need cooperation from Ron and Kyle, both who seem pretty busy, plus of course Valve. Considering the age of WoG, it probably won't seem worth Valve's time. It would be awesome to see though!

Yeah. Wait... since there is an editor for Little Inferno in the works, and Little Inferno is less than a year old, wouldn't it be a great idea for their to be a steam workshop for Little Inferno, where you could post your own items for the game and have a new Catalog called the Workshop Catalog? THAT WOULD BE AWESOME! Has somebody already thought up that idea yet?

AKA "Goobomber" practically everything else

T̶h̶e̶ G̶o̶o̶b̶r̶i̶d̶s̶:̶ C̶o̶m̶i̶n̶g̶ 's̶o̶o̶n̶' (̶V̶a̶l̶v̶e̶ T̶i̶e̶m̶)̶ ...if WoG 2 has modding support and I can remember what ideas I had a decade ago, maybe? No clue, I was like 12

Profile pic from Ne

I considered it, but never really thought about it much. If we made a considerably easy-to-use editor, and maybe Tomorrow Corporation helped to make mods easier to install, then I'm sure they'd be up for it. Of course, Valve's cooperation would still be needed, and I have no idea how adding a Workshop for a game goes.

Still, it's something that could be discussed once we start making an editor. Right now though, we're just working on being able to unpack and repack resources.

I wonder what I have missed... I am rarely here at all. Tanki's taken over me. I get banned there a lot. This seems like good place for having such nice people around here tho Smile

Hi wikigoo! So far, most of our community went to infernofans, but it got filled with spam, so some of the community came back, goofans was slowly getting back together, a random spammer appeared, I reported him, I'm waiting to have somebody delete my topic, and I might make an origami turret (from portal)

I made goomods.