Easy way to learn History?

16 replies [Last post]

Hi, everyone. Sorry, I've not been here for a long time and I only come ever so often. The thing is that gootool on my computer has broke and I have no way of fixing it (might as well just get WoG on Steam then, may be Gootool will work then). Once I'm resolved with that I'll be working on the levels of my WoG world, which I have had different idea for over the past years, should I say. Once levels are done, I'll send them to you, AP so you can put it all together, cause making and editing chapters and worlds are still not in my level of knowledge. So you might see the first chapter coming around late August or something, but I can't guarantee. If gootool doesn't work at all, I'll have to resolve some other stuff or get the Desktop computer from Latvia and may be then 'craft some magic'.

But anyway, right now it's Summer holidays for students and everyone's enjoying their Summer time except me. I'm in the worst time possible right now as I have to revise the hardcore History for the whole Summer. I had to revise RE as well, but that was peace of cake, nailed it in less than a week and did like an hour revision a day. But History, it's like Rocket science! I need to revise Germany, Cold war, Vietnam war, British depth study and 'Votes for Women', which is a draaaag. I can't do one question without groaning and moaning, since I have to also memorize what happened when. I am thinking may be to change my History subject with Geography, but now that I've done History for a year, I don't think I can catch up with Geography since the next year will be solid preparations for GCSEs I having next year (done some already, but mainly mock exams). Is there ANY way I can learn History as easily as I learnt RE or should I just change to Geogrpahy, cause if this carries on, all my life will just be dedicated to History and nothing else.

Hi, Wiki!

Just saying... you maaay wanna ask before volunteering AP to help you out.

And I'm afraid I can't help you much with History. I took a semester of it and that was it. Hence why I'm in Computer Science. Wink

Hei, I'm in Computer Science too! Computer Science was actually my fully chosen subject. The other two were kind of 'dictating' subjects, should I call them, because of the high level of learning I do, I had less choice in my options, so I had to take History or Geography and Spanish. If I was to choose all 3 option subjects plainly as my full choice, I would probably choose Electronics and Media instead of History and Spanish. I'm into technological and virtual stuff, much like you if not mistaken. I think AP volunteered himself to help me long time ago, but I never got to send him anything, so the coop still stands I guess? But anyway, what should I do? I'm not sure how strict my school is on option allowing, but if I do Electronics and Media or something like that instead of History and Spanish and it's all right with them, then I should go for it or what?

Welcome back, Wiki!

I'd almost forgotten about that chapter! If you finish your levels as well as an island map I'll be happy to put them together into an addin.

History is by far my worst subject as well, but one of the teachers at my high school had an interesting approach: he showed the course of events for each unit with a flowchart summarizing the causes and effects. That made some things a lot clearer to me than the memorizing-dates approach did, such as the similarities between the French Revolution and the Russian Revolution. I don't know how much this will help on its own, but some of the readings and flowcharts from that course are available here.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Thanks, AP, really appreciate it. Btw, I've been deleting and creating the chapters all this time (for the Chapter) but I just noticed I have a few levels I previously made (not too long ago) and I completely forgot about them! And gootool works on my sister's computer, so yay! I have almost finished or rather improved 3 levels that I previously made for the beta, if you remember, this time however I'll make everything for the chapter ready. It'll probably have like 8 or 9 levels, because I haven't got too many ideas of what levels for the chapter would be good for. So I'll probably send you the files in early August.

Hi wikigoo! Long time no see!
EDIT: Am I a silencer of discussions? It seems to happen frequently Tongue

I made goomods.

Oh, gooey goo, you little rascal (at least I think it's you).

How's it hanging? Made any addins so far? Btw, everyone, I'll probably be visiting this website and stuff throughout the rest of the summer because I'll have all my exam preparations and exams next year, so. When september starts I'll probably not see you till next year's summer, sadly Sad

I got hand of my history as far as I could get and I think I'm gonna change to geography when school starts again. I'm hoping I can upload my chapter addin before September for you all to enjoy something from me at least Smile

Wikigoo-4evr wrote:
Yup, it's me. Although in my opinion, I feel that I have matured more then...well...what you said Tongue

I made goomods.

gooey goo wrote:
Wikigoo-4evr wrote:
Yup, it's me. Although in my opinion, I feel that I have matured more then...well...what you said Tongue

Haha, same here. When I first came I was a complete noob. I made my first level quite early actually and it was pretty good thanks to my great imagination but I was writing in a way that I can't understand now what I wrote, looking back to my old posts and I find them very funny. How old are you now btw? I'm 15.

Wikigoo-4evr wrote:
a bunch of text.
3 years younger. I might of published my first addin, but I had problems with turning the levels into goomods. I was also using a mac. Apparently, the mac woogle doesn't allow you to make goods Tongue so yeah. At least I don't act like a 3-year old anymore. I don't want to remember any of that stuff.

I made goomods.

Same here; I want to be remembered here as a decent member of this website. You seem to have matured quicker than I have! I think I was a complete noob when I was your age, lol.

I was thinking one of these days to get a mac computer myself, but looks lkke there aren't as many options for a mac. Well, I'll just have to find a windows computer that is fairly elegant, if you know what I mean (gosh, every time I say that to me it feels like I'm saying something wrong... If you know what I mean XD)

Wikigoo-4evr wrote:
I was thinking one of these days to get a mac computer myself,
Sounds like the exact opposite of me; I want a window Tongue Anyway, shouldn't we get back to topic instead of...well, what's happening now? Or is the thread done?

I made goomods.

gooey goo wrote:
Wikigoo-4evr wrote:
I was thinking one of these days to get a mac computer myself,
Sounds like the exact opposite of me; I want a window Tongue Anyway, shouldn't we get back to topic instead of...well, what's happening now? Or is the thread done?

Presumably the thread's done, I'd say, cause I've done history as much as I could and that's the end of that.

So I guess this topic is...history Tongue

I made goomods.

/rimshot

-_-

gooey goo wrote:
So I guess this topic is...history Tongue

Hey there

You should better start learning to like history now.