GooBall idea : Mutant/Evil Goo?

64 replies [Last post]

Yeah I guess Your right.....It would take a long time to make
P.S. I would try to do it but I don't know too much about programing (even though I fixed up Encanters tutorial about WoG editor).....
Imported from goo2forums.

You know...

Game Maker is a great program for creating games. The new version (8.Innocent even allows 3D and multiplayer functions. Look it up!

I have one of those, but I wasn't sure when to use it... HOWEVER!!!
1: I have the beginer version ("the game maker's apprentice") (shelve-in programming) so I'm not so sure if I can create anything like tower of goo. (YET!)
2: Is there a way to upgrade versions of Game maker?

Game Maker is a bit complicated for me :unsure:, thats why I'm making mods instead of making my own game. :) I'm going to go make the godlies a separate gooball now. ( So much test!)

It's actually supposed to be designed NOT to be hard...

You can update to 8.0 by downloading the newest version on yoyogames.com.

You will probably need to learn it for like three months, then start a series of noobish games, and finally WINNING

Thanks for the gamemaker thing, but it says "invalid data" when I open It.Sad

Yeah...that happened to me when I first downloaded it. Try downloading it again from refreshing the webpage. If it still doesn't work, try it again.

THANK YOU!!!

P.S. Ever since the big "wii demo" promotion, many people who have a wii and internet access knows about goo! (and goo related products from World of goo Corporation!Laughing out loud)

If I have time, I'll start building this.

Right now, the top priority is getting the first chapter scene done. After that, we can start compiling levels into the addin.

While an AI goo-ball that works against you I believe to be impossible, the auto-attach method of the Infected Goo could be used. One type of goo, called "Byte" appears as a green square with a dot in the center and functions identically to a Pilot, but with two legs, not one. The auto-attach, I believe, is the closest we could get to "evil" goo.

"It was amazing: I felt a sudden earthquake, before feeling a gradually growing lightness. I was drifting higher and higher, watching in awe. I saw before me the skeletons of all the dead of my once-proud genus, of every species, of every island. I could

Yep, I used this idea in three levels I created and sent to Enchanter49. Ask him for the MOM_EvilPilot balls if you'd like to use them in any of your levels.

mah, i belong to WoG2 team and don't know what is done yet, I know only what i've done.

By the way, since we were on the subject of programming earlier, I know a little bit of programming, and if I tried to learn some more I could try to create a WOG Multiplayer. In my WOG2 Sketchbook I wrote last year, there was a small 3-level multiplayer mode involved.

The last of the goo balls didn't seem to notice the sign painter was typing in my signature.

IS THERE A 2D GIRL? NO THERE IS NOT! Evil

hmm.
I dont think multiplayer is needed... and that you will be able to add multi to WoG.

The idea of multi-mouse support in Linux was to have multi-player support, but it isn't working so far for me. 1337cool: Wouldn't you have to decompile and tweak WOG in order for a multi-player mode to work? That wouldn't be too easy...
It's a good idea, though.

He should make auto-attach pilot have 2 arms, cause with one arm, we're not gonna be able to get any where up. However, they have a chance at beating us in current state if we put them in:

Drool (maybe...)
Hanglow (with them on the bottom)
Fisty/misty (if there were auto-matic balloon goo)
Blustery day (again, if there is balloon version)
Beauty School (maybe...)
Burning Man (if they're willing to throw em' fire, otherwise no)
Product launcher (throw em' to make a string at the right, use balloons to go and light fire)
Weather vane (with, again, balloons)
Observatory observation station (If balloons were there)

Other wise not really anything.

"He should make auto-attach pilot have 2 arms"
he made them.

Well, MINE only has one...

did Enchanter send you one of MOMs levels?
There is auto-attach gooball with 2 arms. or more, i don't remember.

Um... I don't think so, but can someone send me these balls? I can think of an Idea where to put them. (I found a no-move-pilot, but it only had 1 arm.)

Ah, yeah, the MOM_NoMovePilot was from my level "Mastermind." These are MOM_EvilPilot, and they have three arms, look kinda scowly, and are burnable. I don't know your email, so I can't send it, but if someone else could, that would be great.

My e-mail is in the game I posted a while ago, but if you didn't catch it it's:           gamewatch352@aim.com          Send it please!

James
at 05:01PM on Mar 01, 2010

My e-mail is in the game I posted a while ago, but if you didn't catch it it's:           gamewatch352@aim.com          Send it please!

As in Mr. Game & Watch?

Well, why not? Is there a problem? I didn't know what to for my e-mail, so I thought of the most random thing I could think of, and poof, there it is!:dry:

Okay, message sent with gooballs attatched. (sounds kinda funny, doesn't it?)

Nothing against it, just making sure.

MOM4Evr
at 10:09AM on Mar 02, 2010

Okay, message sent with gooballs attatched. (sounds kinda funny, doesn't it?)

HA HA HA...hilarious...

BTW Does anybody know anything about XSL's?

Martin33
at 02:21PM on Feb 22, 2010

mah, i belong to WoG2 team and don't know what is done yet, I know only what i've done.

I see that is an issue. I'll start typing up the next newsletter NOW.

Got it, read it, typed it, sent something, now check your mail, Buddy!

Got it, read it, typed it, sent something, now check your mail again!