Raising Awareness

22 replies [Last post]

So I've been thinking recently about how we can get more people coming to the site and getting involved...

Link removed... see Pavke's post below for [Final Cut] embed

Just a first draft, the end needs work and there's some "tweaking" to be done on timing and captions and stuff...
My target is folk who've got the game, and played it... but don't know any of "this" is even here...

I'm thinking the best place for it will be the WoG Facebook group.
I'll post the final version there, and if we're lucky we can get the Group "owner" to plug it in a Wall Post... so 17,000 poeple will get notified of it.
Should get us a few more hits....

What do you reckon?
All comments / suggestions / thoughts / feedback and off-topic ramblings.. welcome!

thB
thB's picture
ContributorAddin AuthorKleptomaniacToo Much Free TimeSerious OCD

Thumbs up!
Don't like/use Facebook myself, but lots of people do, so I suppose that's a great idea. Wouldn't even change that much on the version you posted, but if you have some good ideas on how to further improve the vid, go ahead. Smile

my gooey profile | my video channel | author of Hazardous Environment

same

My profile of awesomeness | Me on skype: pokelucas2000 | My drop | Me on...umm....I forgot Tongue Laughing out loud

Video looks good to me.

Imagination is more important than knowledge - Einstein

Wow, that was a great promo video. I can truthfully say that I have never seen anything like it (in a good way, of course).

Laughing out loud If this were published, it might get a few more people on the site. Wink

I'd wish I could view it. But I don't want to make a YouTube account. Why don't you upload it to Mediafire if it's not too big (<= 100MB) and password protect it?

Author of World of Goo Portable. Download here!

GMMan wrote:
I'd wish I could view it. But I don't want to make a YouTube account. Why don't you upload it to Mediafire if it's not too big (<= 100MB) and password protect it?

It's not worth it. Just because you don't have a Youtube account, he shouldn't have to make a new download link...

GMMan wrote:

You don't have to have youtube account to view videos, you just can't rate and comment on them Wink viewing is free

My Gooish profile | Videos on YouTube | My WOG Mods

thB
thB's picture
ContributorAddin AuthorKleptomaniacToo Much Free TimeSerious OCD

But only for public videos. Daft as Brush set his vid to private, so you have to sign in to view it.

my gooey profile | my video channel | author of Hazardous Environment

Pavke wrote:
You don't have to have youtube account to view videos, you just can't rate and comment on them Wink viewing is free

For once you are wrong. This video requires you log in, so yeah... Laughing out loud YOU WERE WRONG FOR ONCE!!!! (this is awesome...Tongue)

Enchanter49 wrote:
For once you are wrong. This video requires you log in, so yeah... Laughing out loud YOU WERE WRONG FOR ONCE!!!! (this is awesome...Tongue)

wow, so much hate. Sad

I didn't know the video is private because I'm always log'd in to youtube. Anyways it's public now so everyone can view it.

Pavke wrote:
wow, so much hate. Sad
I'm sorry, Pavke. I didn't think you would take it so heavily. I promise I will make it up to you with WoG Level Master. Smile What do you think about it in general?

PS Has anybody noticed how many views the video has gotten? 22... (most are goofans members)

Um...link above still private. How can I see it?

James wrote:
Um...link above still private. How can I see it?

I guess there are two videos, here is the public one:

Thanks, Pavke! (I must say somebody around here needs a nuff' said badge!)

Hey guys...

Yup there's 2 vids...
I kept the [First Draft] private, but then released the [Final Cut] on wogfan.
Cheers for the embed Pavke Smile

Per the first post...
I also posted it on the "World of Goo" Fan page on Facebook... the "big" one... but the Wall post got removed within about an hour....
Have sent them a message asking why?

However, it is still there.. maybe they just missed it... but it's in their Fan Video section...
Won't get anywhere near as much "play" there... but I guess we'll have to wait an see what they say about why they removed the post.

In the mean time, I'm also going to hit some of the smaller "World of Goo" Pages... there's a good 1000 or so folk in them... Worth a shot.

Daft as Brush wrote:
In the mean time, I'm also going to hit some of the smaller "World of Goo" Pages... there's a good 1000 or so folk in them... Worth a shot.
Yes, that would be good.

Wow, the video's pretty awesome. Very high quality. However, I think there can be a few more levels displayed to match the music better and also hide the cursor/GUI to make it more "machinima" like. (Easy to do: invisible PNG for cursor, and set the ui_inset to a negative number for GUI)

Author of World of Goo Portable. Download here!

GMMan wrote:
Wow, the video's pretty awesome. Very high quality. However, I think there can be a few more levels displayed to match the music better and also hide the cursor/GUI to make it more "machinima" like. (Easy to do: invisible PNG for cursor, and set the ui_inset to a negative number for GUI)

That wouldn't need to be done. Even the 2DBOY previews for WoG have the cursor. Same with the UI.

Just commented on the video. (Nickerwhack)

It sure is getting a lot of publicity...

It's been posted on Facebook, now it will get even more views! Smile

wow.. vids EPIC!!!

i finally got around that no youtube program!!!!

My profile of awesomeness | Me on skype: pokelucas2000 | My drop | Me on...umm....I forgot Tongue Laughing out loud

Pavke wrote:
It's been posted on Facebook, now it will get even more views! Smile
OK, that's wierd....
I posted the video in the big "World of Goo" group... and the Wall post disappeared, but the video remained in the Fan Videos section

Then "someone else" has posted a link to the vid on the WOGFan channel...

And now.... my original post is back!? Puzzled Smile
Look for "Si N Painter"