Problem Uploading a new Profile Picture

8 replies [Last post]

Yesterday, I was replacing my old picture into a new one. When I delete my old picture, it was a success, but uploading a new picture, it keeps on uploading my old photo. Please Help.

EVERYTHING AMAZING BY INWOG

inwog, publisher of 407 World of Goo levels since 2009-2015

Site error from a while back.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

I've experienced something like this whenever replacing my picture. The thing is, when you upload a new picture, the address is the same as the old picture. For example, the link to my profile pic is always http://goofans.com/sites/default/files/pictures/picture-7667.gif (although I think the extension changes depending on the file type).
Therefore, once you upload a new picture, your browser gets the old picture from the cache, because it thinks it's still the same image, while it's only the same address.

Basically, what you do to fix this is upload your new image as normal. If you still see your old image, purge your browser cache. Depending on your browser this is done differently:

Internet Explorer: hold down the Ctrl key and click the Refresh or Reload button, or press Ctrl+F5.

Firefox: hold down the Shift key while clicking Reload; alternatively press Ctrl+F5 or Ctrl-Shift-R.

Opera users have to clear their caches through Tools→Preferences.

Konqueror and Safari users can just click the Reload button.

Chrome: press Ctrl+F5 or Shift+F5.

(Those instructions are copied from the Common.js page from Wikia sites, by the way.)

That's what worked for me. If it still doesn't work, you're probably having a different problem.

i took a while back to change mine. just delete it, wait a few days, then upload.

-_-

On the site, if you upload a new picture with the same filename before it deletes the old one, it doesn't upload it. It just shows the old one. Wait a while and then upload.

By the way, that's why you can't upload anything called "screenshot.png" to a level. Someone already used it. Same with Untitled-1.jpg and the other common ones.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

OR, capture.png

-_-

That's correct for level screenshots. Aren't we talking about profile pics?

Same difference.

My brother always says that Big smile
In any case, hope it's fixed now.