I'm working on a utility for making goomods!

58 replies [Last post]

Hi! I would like to say that I have begun working on a program that can make a goomod in about a few minutes! You must have your own files for it to compile but it will create the addin.xml and everything else for you!

It basically asks:
mod or level
OCD (if level)
gooballs needed to complete (if level)
title and subtitle (if level)
title of goomod
ID of goomod
author(s )
description

It also asks for the locations of the folders that you want to include in the compile, merge, and override folders! You can leave one blank if your mod will not include that folder.

So yeah if you have any questions or suggestions please feel free to reply to this!

very cool! will this be command line based or will it have buttons and forms etc?
will it ask for a folder to make the goomod from, or the specific files?

98% of the teen population believes those "98% of ... if you are one of the 2% who don't copy this into your sig" sigs. copy and paste this into your sig if you are one of the 2% who don't believe them.
-madaco

It will be simple enough for new users. (buttons & guidance)

It can/will ask ONLY for the folder containing the files to be put into the override/compile/merge folders.

great! Making .goomod file is most annoying for me in making new levels.

Do you need any help?

My Gooish profile | Videos on YouTube | My WOG Mods

Now I don't have levels to turn to goomod, but in the future.. why knows? Smile

i'd like it to be command line

iGoo

I actually think that this sort of thing should be button and fill-in based

If you have a design for a command-based version, I might make it. Just tell me what command there should be and what kind of interface you think it might need.

Martin33 wrote:
Now I don't have levels to turn to goomod, but in the future.. why knows? Smile

Did you mean "who" knows? Wink

yes, of course Tongue

lol

Anyway...let's get back on topic!

What does the population of people on Goofans.com think about it!?

I'll post a screenshot of it soon...after I've added a few more things...EXPECT THE FIRST RELEASE TO BE BEFORE THE END OF THE YEAR (in other words...DECEMBER!!!)

I HAVE A SCREENSHOT:

I remembered my old google website that I haven't touched in months...and I logged in and posted a screenshot.

HERE'S THE LINK TO THE PHOTO: http://sites.google.com/site/cosmickillergm/

It's not very complete. But it shows a basic view of what it's gonna look like.

Good.Lol cool cuz my first level is going to be complete at DECEMBER!By the Enchanter49,i want to volunteer for beta testing!Send me the answer to this at pokeygooball@gmail.com ! Wink

Crazeh man!

Joris, do you really know how to teat a software?

............what does that mean?!Lol so that's why i'm stupid! Smile

Crazeh man!

You are not stupid, that's not what I sad! I'm just saying, you are 9 and you probably didn't yet learned hot to properly test a piece of software. You can't do "ad hoc" Wink

I think he could test it because all I want are a few people to all try it out and tell me any bugs or things that won't work.

Thanks and Joris I will send you a download as soon as I finish creating the first version. As I said before I can finish it by the end of December.

Great! I'm sure everyone will find it very useful!

I do hope so since all the time and effort I'm putting into this...

OMG I just screwed it up...

...now I have to start all over again...

...I like the new one better though...

...Here's the updated photo: http://sites.google.com/site/cosmickillergm/
(I replaced the old photo)

As you can see, there is a new style given. Some aspects are the same, while others are remotely different. If you look on the left, you will find that you can publish your newly created goomod WITHIN GooMaker. That's my favorite part. The program will go to the goofans publishing page where you can publish and share a goomod to the website. The window has full browser functions! so you can upload, download, login, logout, and look up whatever you need!

NOTE: You will have to login to view the publishing page correctly. Otherwise it will say something like, "You do not have permission to access this page." To login, simply scroll to the right within the web page and login just like you would on Firefox or Internet Explorer!

I am going to make a test version available soon! I still haven't created the compile function, but you can tell me what you think of the interface!

Reply to this if you want to try it out! (Joris, this is for you)

Just send me the file.

Crazeh man!

Wow this has been taking a lot less time than originally thought of. I SHOULD be able to make a test version TODAY! I am going to send it as an attachment to anybody who wants it!

Reply now with your email address if you want to try it! (Joris I will already send it to you)

NOTE: I need some help for something that doesn't require coding. (The how to use file) If you are interested in that, just send me an email at clericman@yahoo.com

TEST VERSION AVAILABLE!!!

(still cannot compile goomods yet though, but it DOES have an interface ready)

TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK! http://www.mediafire.com/?toezjhv3nq5

I can't launch it. Tongue

@Martin33

It requires .NET Framework v4.0.2106
download it at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/netframework/aa569263.aspx

heyyyyyy...
you used clickteam's install program creator!
do you ever use mmf2 by any chance?
EDIT: very good! this seems it will be very useful!

98% of the teen population believes those "98% of ... if you are one of the 2% who don't copy this into your sig" sigs. copy and paste this into your sig if you are one of the 2% who don't believe them.
-madaco

Hey,Enchanter13,could you please send me the e-mail with an atachment?
Because i really don't have time to go to sites and download things. Smile

Crazeh man!

thB
thB's picture
ContributorAddin AuthorKleptomaniacToo Much Free TimeSerious OCD

Wow, you could already have downloaded it in the time it took you to write that message...

my gooey profile | my video channel | author of Hazardous Environment

thB wrote:
Wow, you could already have downloaded it in the time it took you to write that message...

...and the time it took for me to reply!

Joris wrote:
Hey,Enchanter13,could you please send me the e-mail with an atachment?
Because i really don't have time to go to sites and download things. Smile

I won't take long just to click on the link I posted and click the big button "DOWNLOAD"...and then install it on your computer!