I'm working on a utility for making goomods!

58 replies [Last post]

Pavke wrote:
@Martin33

It requires .NET Framework v4.0.2106
download it at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/netframework/aa569263.aspx

Thank you for the link! I did not realize it would require it, as I used it to make it. I believe the final version will not require it as I can publish it in Visual Studio with Microsoft's original installation feature. I used Clickteam install creator because the Microsoft install creator feature takes a lot longer to use.

I am using a beta test version of Visual Studio 2010 and it is very nifty!!!

By the way...did ANYBODY ACTUALLY TRY IT???

What do you think of it?

The cool part is the fact that it took 18 days to program all that!

I still have to experiment a little before I can finish the compile function. It should be finished by the 10th of December!!! (YES!!! NEW, SOONER RELEASE DATE!!!)

I hope you all are satisfied...

...by the way, if anyone can just look at it and see how it works (kinda simple, just examining it) and create a new txt file that tells the user how to use it, that would be great! Reply if interested...and/or email me about it: clericman@yahoo.com

How can I use Compile, Merge and Override buttons?
Should I chose a folder, where .xml or other files are located?

By the way could you make it work on earlier .NET Framework?

Crazeh man!

To Martin33: Yes, you choose the folder that has all of the files you would want to include in the goomod. For example, if you wanted an override folder included, then you would check the box and select the folder that contains the directories that would be overrided. (/res/balls/etc.)

To Joris: I am sorry but I am not sure on how to do something like that, but I will see what I can do. If you don't like waiting then I suggest just downloading the latest .NET framework.

Oh and I now realize that the end of December seems like a more realistic date, sorry.

@Enchanter49

Sorry, didn't have the time to test it yet but I'll get back to you as soon as I try it.

My Gooish profile | Videos on YouTube | My WOG Mods

I suggest, if it's possible, to make a window that will show you, what will be in goomod file

You should probably already know what's in it when you fill in the information.

NET. Framework is a big file.I don't have tie to do it with a slow connection.

I got school,homework,some free time and then sleep.

Crazeh man!

thB
thB's picture
ContributorAddin AuthorKleptomaniacToo Much Free TimeSerious OCD

Well, you don't have to turn off your computer.

my gooey profile | my video channel | author of Hazardous Environment

Or try a library. That's where I am right now!Smile

I'm not american.We can't download files (or maybe...)and put them to an USB.

Crazeh man!

I'm not sure what you're implying by that last statement Joris, but if I were you I would stop being so picky and just deal with the fact that you have to download the .NET framework kay???

I think he might be saying either that he cant or that he cant when he;s at the library...

no idea

great app, great interface, hope to see the filewriting part!(btw how do you plan to zip it?

98% of the teen population believes those "98% of ... if you are one of the 2% who don't copy this into your sig" sigs. copy and paste this into your sig if you are one of the 2% who don't believe them.
-madaco

madaco wrote:
I think he might be saying either that he cant or that he cant when he;s at the library...

no idea

great app, great interface, hope to see the filewriting part!(btw how do you plan to zip it?

Thanks, but I'm experimenting with things such as including an old version of winRAR included in the program folder or something with an open command that will cause winRAR to open into a zip with a separate file extension.

thB
thB's picture

http://www.7-zip.org/ provides good compression, is open source, and has dedicated lib and command line versions.

thB wrote:
http://www.7-zip.org/ provides good compression, is open source, and has dedicated lib and command line versions.

Thanks! I'll try that!

I'm going to go take the SAT test in half an hour, wish me luck!

Good luck!

98% of the teen population believes those "98% of ... if you are one of the 2% who don't copy this into your sig" sigs. copy and paste this into your sig if you are one of the 2% who don't believe them.
-madaco

Thanks caus i think i might have gotten a good score...idk

Okay enough about my testing!

I'm working on the next version of GooMaker! v7.8 will be available soon! It comes out with a sleek new interface that tells you what you have selected on the folder-browsing and such. It includes tabbed-work, minimizing the program, a better icon, and to top it all off...a great new logo! Smile

Sweet! Glad to hear it!Smile

MOM4Evr wrote:
Sweet! Glad to hear it!Smile

v0.7.8 is out now! You can download it at the same place of course! Wink

The only thing is...no one has commented on the new one...! Sad

Sorry, but from the screenshots the GUI is terrible. How about a nice, normal, Windows styled GUI? I don't see how blck beats bluish tinged grey. At least it should fit in with the other Windows GUIs.

Author of World of Goo Portable. Download here!

GMMan wrote:
Sorry, but from the screenshots the GUI is terrible. How about a nice, normal, Windows styled GUI? I don't see how blck beats bluish tinged grey. At least it should fit in with the other Windows GUIs.

I have two things to say:

1.) WHAT IN THE WORLD IS A GUI???
2.) It's supposed to be goo-friendly! Laughing out loud

thB
thB's picture

GUI is what, so far, this is all about. It's the Graphical User Interface.

I think the GUI is fine, just a little different, which may throw some people off. More comments on the program on its own page to follow...