Sound FX

7 replies [Last post]

I've been thinking about the sound effects for the game. Obviously these only need to come in when we're almost finished, but I just thought to make a thread so that we can discuss how we're gonna make them and all that. Y'know.

Personally I think I'd be able to make sound effects by recording my voice making sounds, then deforming it and fine tuning with Audacity. Stuff like footsteps or woodchopping, although more delicate things like bells ringing or magic spells may need instruments.

sound|way of making it
"ooh" (pain)|sort of a minecraft "ooh" we could make
"ernt"(no, can't go here, access denied, command failure, you can't walk into a wall, no internet access, sorry, but no|a really low tone maybe?

-_-

I've done a little bit of Foleying with sound effects, so I might be able to do some (for example, an arrow flying past).

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Hehe, yeah I saw that before. It's pretty good, but I dunno if we want those kind of sound effects. Isn't it a tad too retro for our game?

Some of them sound alright. I kept clicking "hit/hurt" and eventually got a good landing sound (for falling from a jump). Tongue

I've got a whole library of sounds on my PC that are all recorded from me dropping/hitting/banging/turning things in my house. Could we use those? Some of them are really bad though, and would need MAJOR background reduction. Others are so clear that we could use them instantly!

Seriously though, I have about 500 effects I've recorded! I mostly do it for fun... Tongue Laughing out loud

For those wondering, Earth of Goo is still being worked on, but not as often. It will be finished! Check out my website/YouTube www.scarletfury.com !

Cool. If you email a few to me I can do noise reduction.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.