New Goo-Ball Ideas!

22 replies [Last post]

I have an idea for a new goo-ball. And I don't mean a goo-ball identical to another type goo-ball except for appearance: I mean a whole new kind of goo-ball entirely.

Here is my idea:

Name: Wooden Goo
Appearance: Similar to WOGVeryBigFan's wooden albino balls (link at bottom), but with the eyes similar to an ivy ball's.
Max. Strands: 3
Detachibility: Non-Removable
Flammability: Flammable

I will be using this new goo-ball for some levels I'll be making, one of my first will be one inspired on MOM4Evr's "The Forest" (link at bottom). If someone could answer these questions, please do so:

1. Is it possible to make a new goo-ball from scratch, with its own unique properties?
2. If so, how can I do it?
3. Once I make it, how do I save it and put it in a level in WoG Editor?

Please answer, and thank you in advance.

LINKS:

For WOGVeryBigFan's wooden albinos, go to http://goofans.com/download/ball-style/other-types/wood-albino-balls .
For MOM4Evr's "The Forest" level, go to http://goofans.com/download/level/forest .

UPDATE!: I now have an idea for ANOTHER type of goo, known as Helium Goo.

Name: Fish Goo
Appearance: Identical to the fishes found in "Observatory Observation Station".
Max. Strands: 1
Detachibility: Non-Removable
Flammability: Non-Flammable
Other: This goo-ball is, in fact, identical to a Fish Goo in Observatory Observation Station, except for the fact that in the case of this Fish Goo, grumpy="false".

"It was amazing: I felt a sudden earthquake, before feeling a gradually growing lightness. I was drifting higher and higher, watching in awe. I saw before me the skeletons of all the dead of my once-proud genus, of every species, of every island. I could

1 and 2. Yes it possible and easiest way to do it is to copy folder and xmls of some other ball like albino and to change folder name and xml code reference from "albino" to "woodball".
In ball properties.xml you will recognize ball properties like number of strands, detachable true/false and others. Change that to your liking. Also change gooball ID from albino to woodgoo, that's important.
Then just copy your new woodball folder in balls folder and there you have it. You can now use it in WoG Editor.

My Gooish profile | Videos on YouTube | My WOG Mods

I Wanted to do something like that....

But WoG Editor is hard to use...

My profile of awesomeness | Me on skype: pokelucas2000 | My drop | Me on...umm....I forgot Tongue Laughing out loud

thB
thB's picture
ContributorAddin AuthorKleptomaniacToo Much Free TimeSerious OCD

You don't need wogeditor to create a new ball type.

my gooey profile | my video channel | author of Hazardous Environment

true.........but still a little hard...
here are some things ive been thinking about

which level should i put it in?
what special tatics should it have?
what should its description?

My profile of awesomeness | Me on skype: pokelucas2000 | My drop | Me on...umm....I forgot Tongue Laughing out loud

thB
thB's picture

1. Others could use your ball type for their own levels.
2. That's completely up to you, that's what creating a ball type is all about. Tongue
3. You should probably put the features in the description...

oh.

thB, can you help me with something? when i tried to upload my goomod, it said:

The selected file pokeballs.goomod could not be uploaded.
•The manifest for this goomod is malformed
•No version specified in manifest.
•No ID specified in manifest.

If you want to see the files and see if u can fix it tell me and put your e-mail adress in so i can e-mail it to u

thB
thB's picture

Check your addin.xml file against the specification.
Especially take a look at the examples at the bottom and make sure you have set values for both <id>...</id> and <version>...</version> (and all other required fields, of course). Take care of correctly opening and closing tags (< and >).
Also be sure to specify the specification version you intend to use (first line):
<addin spec-version="1.1">

GooMaster2000 wrote:
oh.

thB, can you help me with something? when i tried to upload my goomod, it said:

The selected file pokeballs.goomod could not be uploaded.
•The manifest for this goomod is malformed
•No version specified in manifest.
•No ID specified in manifest.

If you want to see the files and see if u can fix it tell me and put your e-mail adress in so i can e-mail it to u

exactly what thB said

Glad to see my mod "The Forest" is serving as an inspiration. I should've thought of making the balls there flammable!Laughing out loud

ummm, could i send u the file instead thB?

thB
thB's picture

Sure, I just won't post my e-mail address here. Do you have a 2D Boy forum account? If not, you can also upload the file to a place like this.

umm, ive already made my own website on yola

EDIT: ok...this a problem...i need to recreate the site

thB
thB's picture

drop.io is not a web hoster, it's a file hoster where you can upload files for others to view and edit.

here's the link:

http://drop.io/goomaster2000

ps. I Know it doesnt look good

thB
thB's picture

Wow, that file was seriously messed up. What editor did you use? Obviously the editor (or maybe the export function you used?) escaped your content and encapsulated it inside an XML file of its own format (Oasis DocBook).
For plain XML files you have to use a pure text editor. I like PSPad, UltraEdit and Notepad++, but there are many others. Under Windows, you could also just use Notepad, but that app really doesn't have any features at all so it pretty much sucks for more serious editing.
Fixed version uploaded.

Edit: It's not the fault of your editor that the file was messed up. It just did what it's supposed to do. But in this case, that's not what you want. Wink

well, i used openoffice org...

can u fix it?

EDIT: forget the fix it, i need to read more carefully...

I came up with an idea for ANOTHER goo-ball: Helium Goo.

Name: Helium Goo
Appearance: Identical to a Balloon Goo, but has eyes like most other goo-balls.
Max. Strands: 1
Detachibility: TBD
Flammability: Non-Flammable
Other: This goo-ball is, in fact, identical to a Balloon Goo, except for the fact that in the case of Helium Goo, grumpy="false" (and possibly detacibility, this I'm not sure of).

Comments and suggestions for this type of ball are welcome as always!

"It was amazing: I felt a sudden earthquake, before feeling a gradually growing lightness. I was drifting higher and higher, watching in awe. I saw before me the skeletons of all the dead of my once-proud genus, of every species, of every island. I could

I think Balloon Goo IS filled with Helium, otherwise it wouldn't go up. Wink

Pavke wrote:
I think Balloon Goo IS filled with Helium, otherwise it wouldn't go up. Wink

Okay, a modification:

The new goo-ball is called Fish Goo (identical to the fishes in Observatory Observation Station), looks identical to the fish in aforementioned level, but is set to grumpy="false".

MethanalCHO wrote:

The new goo-ball is called Fish Goo (identical to the fishes in Observatory Observation Station), looks identical to the fish in aforementioned level, but is set to grumpy="false".

OK, now it's better but,

That will make the New Fish Goo useless because when you set grumpy="false" you make the balls not attachable, they can't attach to anything. Wink

what pavke said

Pavke wrote:
MethanalCHO wrote:

OK, now it's better but,

That will make the New Fish Goo useless because when you set grumpy="false" you make the balls not attachable, they can't attach to anything. Wink

No, that's not how it works.

1. Goo-Ball B can attach to Goo-Ball A.
2a. If grumpy="true", then Goo-Ball C cannot attach to Goo-Ball B.
2b. If grumpy="false", then Goo-Ball C CAN attach to Goo-Ball B.

I believe that whether goo-balls can be clicked on or not is controlled by something other than grumpy, because Balloon and Old Fish Goo are the only goo-balls set to grumpy="true". All other goo-balls are set to grumpy="false".