Profile Uploading Bug

6 replies [Last post]

I always upload the same profile, but at goofans they are visible like totaly independent.
I have 7 different profiles at goofans when I have upload the same profile 8 times.

Knows someone how it's possible?

thB
thB's picture
ContributorAddin AuthorKleptomaniacToo Much Free TimeSerious OCD

I have had viewed your profiles before and asked myself just that. Did you maybe use GooTool's Online Player ID feature? Fact is, your ID changed several times.

my gooey profile | my video channel | author of Hazardous Environment

Probaly it's because I was using demo's .exe file (because I didn't want to use original CD every time)... Only when I wanted to upload profile I was using original WorldOfGoo.exe.

It is possible to merge my uploaded profiles together? It's one profile, but... with bug...

And the version of WoG I downloaded to play levels from WooGLE use profiles in other way! Goo Tool sees completly different profiles (but with the same names)!

Umm... Original CD? Maybe you can go and copy everything from the CD to your install dir (provided it isn't a part of some weird DRM).

You can try to decrypt your profiles and manually editing them, but it's very risky and could get you marked as a cheater.

Author of World of Goo Portable. Download here!

Copying CD files had no effects... CD is still required.
I need no-CD running, because it's stupid to using CD every time...

Is it possible to have copies of WOG using different pers2.dat file?
If not... I must ask how to decrypt profiles...

And what about "problem" with this special WooGLE's WoG?

thB
thB's picture
ContributorAddin AuthorKleptomaniacToo Much Free TimeSerious OCD

Where did you buy WoG? Having to use the CD every time really sucks, especially with a game that was explicitly released without any DRM.
You bought the game, so why not download a ripped version somewhere and use that instead? I don't see a problem with that.
Using different pers2.dat files at the same time is only possible with different versions of WoG or multiple OSs. You can of course create backup copies of your pers2.dat files and swap them if needed, but I don't think this would help you much.

It is possible to merge profiles (I already had to do this), but it is not at all fun and I won't discuss profile decoding and editing in public, sorry.

my gooey profile | my video channel | author of Hazardous Environment

VICTORY!
I have uploaded my last profile and id is the same! Smile

Now every copies of WoG I have (about 5) includes the WoG.exe file form version 3. Only the "main" version has original trigger.